Nobody is buying s**t these days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Prices on Gunbroker are coming down as well on some items. I've picked up some hard to find rifles/shotguns over the last month for at least 40% less than what they where bringing a year ago.

Two pawnshops that I frequent are loaded to the gills with guns, and they say sales are slow.

Last edited:

sushi & pistols

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can pretty much tell how the economy is doing by nobody buying anything. Just look in our classified section. Everyone is holding onto their money.
Thoughts and comments please!
HB
I think that is a two way street, from my perspective I see a lot of used items listed for retail or more than retail. It seems like folks are trying to make up for the bad economy by over charging on there merchandise. I am a buyer and not a seller most days but I can't bring myself to over pay.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm having some luck selling some stuff. A few things I thought would be a hard sell went right away and others I thought would sell quickly are struggling.

I've been half-assed watching Zillow for a suitable house for a friend in Colorado and I'm seeing large price drops on houses. I think the real estate market is softening quite a bit.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can only speak to my experiences and having a taste for vintage and classic guns I often see people listing their guns at a vastly exaggerated price. What I run across mostly are people wanting collector prices for a non-collector quality gun. Case in point just yesterday when at the Militaria Show in Chickasha a gent there had a US Remington Model 11 on his table and as I looked at it he comes over and says “you don’t want to know what I’m asking for that gun”. Really? So this guy wants so much for this gun he thinks it would scare me? BTW the gun was very well used and had mismatched furniture with the forend having been given a gloss finish while the stock had been stripped, sanded and what looked to be a BLO finish or was an aftermarket. I didn’t bother picking it up to find out. Another guy here on OSA was asking $1600 for a single barrel Browning A5 from the ‘60s. Just last year I bought the identical gun from H&H for $750 and it was in 95% condition with the exception of a single mark (likely a belt buckle) on the stock and was a two barrel set. In fact here is the gun. I do NOT mind paying $5000 for a gun but it darn sure better be a $5000 gun and not some beat up example of what once could have been a $5000 gun.
IMG_7207.jpeg
IMG_7208.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom