NRA sits out gunfight with feds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes anyone can interpret the Constitution, but under under our system of law, the federal court system, and the high court, are the only ones who are empowered to make Constitutional interpretations.

Under our system of government, the national government and all its constituent parts (including the Supreme Court) do not possess any power that has not been specifically granted to them in the Constitution. The simple fact is that the Constitution does not grant the Supreme Court the exclusive authority to interpret the Constitution. I defy any of you to find a provision in the Constitution that says this. It is a power that has been usurped and abused by the Court, and I fully support any efforts by the States to push back against it.

PFXD 45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes anyone can interpret the Constitution, but under under our system of law, the federal court system, and the high court, are the only ones who are empowered to make Constitutional interpretations.

Might I ask first which system are you referring to?

And the reason is simple. Democracy ya they can. Republic no they cant. States have absolute power to do so.

Founders wanted states to be more powerful that the F e d s.

States are closer to the people than the federal. Why do you think a county sheriff can tell the f e d s to leave his county?.. Yes he can do that, will he is a totally different question.

Why is it that the mayor lower in the food chain then the Sheriff in the county ?. City laws are under county laws. People are closer to the Sheriff. County DA and Sheriff is most powerful people in the county.

To understand more on the power of the States. Check out good old 10A.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think if you go back and look some, the GOA actually writes a lot of the legal mumbo jumbo for the NRA. People need to understand that it is not the members of the NRA that compromise it is the higher ups. I am not a member anymore because of that fact. They help sponsor the 68 ban. ECT ECT.

What I have found is when you talk about the NRA, people think (that are members) you are talking about them. Not the case.

Remember there are no bad crews, only bad leaders.(G.I. Jane).. Watching as I am typing....LOL:respect:

My statements still stand.The NRA is by far the strongest voice we have.Go ahead and keep your money and the rest of us,who aren't so shortsided,will keep sending ours. Steve

pills510

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My statements still stand.The NRA is by far the strongest voice we have.Go ahead and keep your money and the rest of us,who aren't so shortsided,will keep sending ours. Steve

What if all of us who believe there should be no compromise went to the NRA and took away the wind from their sails? Do you think it is the name NRA that makes them strong or the people behind them?

MadDawg

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Actually our Founders tried a Confederation prior to the Constitution. I guess some have forgotten that short and painful period of our early history with all the quotes from the Federalist Papers. It was called The Articles of Confederation and Perpetual Union. Final radification was 1781. It was the much quoted Federalists who wanted to reform the Articles for a stronger Central Government. (Funny how these men are freely quoted when it suits but they set in motion the strong central government tradition)

The Confederation was tilted toward states over central government. Patrick Henry the original loudmouth from the south was an early champion and lead a walkout at the Constitutional Convention later.

We tried the strong state thing and it quickly fell apart.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What if all of us who believe there should be no compromise went to the NRA and took away the wind from their sails? Do you think it is the name NRA that makes them strong or the people behind them?

The people ARE the NRA but the National Rifle Association is the entity that brings them together as a powerful voting block. Steve

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually our Founders tried a Confederation prior to the Constitution. I guess some have forgotten that short and painful period of our early history with all the quotes from the Federalist Papers. It was called The Articles of Confederation and Perpetual Union. Final radification was 1781. It was the much quoted Federalists who wanted to reform the Articles for a stronger Central Government. (Funny how these men are freely quoted when it suits but they set in motion the strong central government tradition)

The Confederation was tilted toward states over central government. Patrick Henry the original loudmouth from the south was an early champion and lead a walkout at the Constitutional Convention later.

We tried the strong state thing and it quickly fell apart.

That may be, but there is still nothing in the Constitution giving the Supreme Court the exclusive power to interpret the Constitution.

Even James Madison, a leading Federalist, believed in nullification.

Latest posts

Top Bottom