O. S. U.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The reporter is Thayer Evans, who has a hard on for smearing OSU. He writes one of these each year, trying to blast OSU. He is a jilted wanna-be jock (had to transfer to another high school just so he could ride the pine on the basketball team), eventually went to OWU and is a hack journalist. This is all BS, a complete fabrication.

Edit- I left out the W for Oklahoma Wesleyan.

Last edited:

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The reporter is Thayer Evans, who has a hard on for smearing OSU. He writes one of these each year, trying to blast OSU. He is a jilted wanna-be jock (had to transfer to another high school just so he could ride the pine on the basketball team), eventually went to OU and is a hack journalist. This is all BS, a complete fabrication.

Not so sure it's all BS. I hear they have lots of people willing to tell all. This one may get Intersting. The number I heard was 30ish. If that's true, it would be hard to get 30 people to all lie and make stuff up.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing like osu fans blaming OU for their troubles, typical all because they are picked a few spots higher in the poles.............SAD

In this case, it really is an OU fan. It isn't just OSU, he goes after anyone that threatens OU's "dominance"

http://www.burntorangenation.com/2008/12/29/703788/a-final-word-on-thayer-eva

Here is another quote- Mr. Evans attended Galveston College for a short time before getting a job at the Houston Chronicle. When inaccuracies in his resume were discovered, he quietly left the Chronicle for a role at the NYT office in Houston. With these new additions to his resume he was able to get a job as a sportswriter at Fox Sports. A confident of Thayer says that he was told that there is nothing illegal in accepting money from alumni of one school to write articles that portray either players or other schools as dirty. "You just have to be vague enough to avoid slander and libel charges."

He gets paid by OU alumns to write stories that slam their competition. He has slammed Auburn, Texas, OSU (he really hates OSU), and numerous others. His stories are literally fiction. He takes quotes out of context, embellishes them, and often just plain makes stuff up. He is very close to finding himself in a libel lawsuit of the OSU stories, as they are completely unfounded. This is his MO.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not so sure it's all BS. I hear they have lots of people willing to tell all. This one may get Intersting. The number I heard was 30ish. If that's true, it would be hard to get 30 people to all lie and make stuff up.
I don't usually watch the Sports Blitz, but they just said that when SI notified OSU of the impending articles, SI told them that they'd spent a year investigating the story. Obviously, their editorial staff doesn't think it's BS; whether it actually is or isn't remains to be seen.

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I read the article from The Oklahoman yesterday it didn't really surprise me at the accusations. Everyone knew Miles was dirty and how else can you get top recruits from out of state to go to a non powerhouse school unless you offer them $$$, sex and drugs? It's sad but true these days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom