OKC Gun show Dec. 10, 11

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fustigate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only problem was gettin into the fairgrounds. Two main gates were locked , had to enter from May or Reno.
I was there last week and had the same problem. I asked the event organizer; he said that State Fairgrounds officials told him there have been people coming off the Interstate and racing through there and a pedestrian had almost been hit.
So, instead of only opening the gates on weekends when they have events and installing speed bumps, they just closed the gates. I guess because it's cheaper.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
was glad to see some faces "today" - I am up late still working, don't think I will be there tomorrow.

I got to say hi briefly to nighthawk, met sanjuro82 as mentioned (nevermind I saw it sold...shoulda grabbed it earlier while I was thinking bout it). saw twmaster, rhino, shootin4fun, blitzfike and maybe a few others....who bought cans or targets today? I want to know who I met without knowing. With as many as I talked to I know there were more of ya out there. (was the guy in glasses, a thermal and armalite shirt)

Go see Bryan and exploding target company tomorrow and the other great vendors of OSA - you will be glad ya did. Well worth the money from what I saw.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you guys see many milsurps on tables or walking around? M1 Garands and Carbines, 03 Springfields, K31's, M96 and K98 Mausers, Arisakas, and the like?

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you guys see many milsurps on tables or walking around? M1 Garands and Carbines, 03 Springfields, K31's, M96 and K98 Mausers, Arisakas, and the like?

Yeah I saw a bunch of nice milsurps. Quite a few M1s and Springfields. I saw at least 3 M96s! Prices ranged from 350-500 on the Swedes. The nicest one I saw was $350, and it was a private collection table so I bet he would come down, plus no tax! It's had an awesome looking stock. The same guy also had a nice Finn M39 for $350 as well. Saw a couple of Arisakas, don't remember the prices on them. There were multiple K31s there but IMO they were a bit rough, but maybe I'm just spoiled as my K31 is pretty much mint. Of course there were a crap load of 91/30s (hex and round) and M44s there. The M44s seemed overpriced, most were $275+.

I didn't see any k98s, but I probably just missed them. Overall trip on Saturday left me impressed in the milsurp category.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I saw a bunch of nice milsurps. Quite a few M1s and Springfields. I saw at least 3 M96s! Prices ranged from 350-500 on the Swedes. The nicest one I saw was $350, and it was a private collection table so I bet he would come down, plus no tax! It's had an awesome looking stock. The same guy also had a nice Finn M39 for $350 as well. Saw a couple of Arisakas, don't remember the prices on them. There were multiple K31s there but IMO they were a bit rough, but maybe I'm just spoiled as my K31 is pretty much mint. Of course there were a crap load of 91/30s (hex and round) and M44s there. The M44s seemed overpriced, most were $275+.

I didn't see any k98s, but I probably just missed them. Overall trip on Saturday left me impressed in the milsurp category.

Thanks for the rundown on the milsurp presence. It sounds as if the show indeed is a nice one for its size. I'm always up for finding a Swedish M96 that's been through the FSR; those aren't easy to come by. I snagged one at the Sooner National show here in Tulsa a couple years ago, from a table held by an older gentleman who had a bunch of other really nice milsurps as well. If I hadn't just dropped the dough on a M1 Garand before I got to his table, I'd have picked up one or two more of his firearms. We need more of this kind of seller at the shows!

Latest posts

Top Bottom