Oklahoma explores program to charge drivers per mile

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And, if you only paid once a year with your taxes. 🤔
And just for laughs, say you farm and 15 % of your miles are on private property. Are you going to be able to deduct those miles. If not then does that make the state libel to maintain any roads on your property. Is that not taxation without representation to a degree. 😁 LOL!

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This monitoring of driving mileage is a 100% NWO, ( New World Order ) plan, outlined in the UN Agenda 30
The goal is elimination of all vehicles, people living in “ 15 Minute Cities “ …sounds incredulous, but they are testing & implementing it around the world. Locally @ 1st, at targeted cities and towns in Canada, UK , Australia and other European countries.
NO NO NO, DO NOT COMPLY , IT’ S TYRANNY ( not conspiracy ) 🇺🇸

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put the pencil to it.
Oklahoman would pay about $124.80 per year. Comparatively, the average Oklahoman is paying about $111.72 in fuel taxes, according to ODOT.

At 12,480 miles at .19 cents per mile of tax we now pay on gasoline that would be 588 gallons a year and to get the $111.72 the average would be 19 MPG.

I do not like their idea at all.
I do not like most ideas anyway.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All those electric vehicles out there probably have data recording software as well as links to the auto manufacturers. Just tap into that and charge those electric vehicle owners according to the miles they drive. Either that or tap into the electricity they buy to run those vehicles and collect a tax on those figures. Leave all the other vehicles running on gas or diesel out of the equation. They already pay their equitable share.

I dislike the fact that electric vehicle owners basically get a free ride. Make them pay something equitable and don't put an extra burden on the rest of us with some mileage tax.

A mileage tax alone would be inequitable when you consider the wide range of vehicle weights that cause wear and tear on the roads. Someone's 2,500 pound car would end up paying for more wear and tare on the roads than such a vehicle is capable of. It would give people like me a bit of a free ride though - with my two vehicles that weigh in at more than 6,000 pounds each. Well, in that case, bring it on!

All that said, how would one compensate for those up to 80,000 pound semi's tearing up the roads?

Woody

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ITS ALL ABOUT CONTROL, CONTROLING YOUR EVERY MOVE. SAME WITH DIGITAL CURRENCY. ALL THE MONITORING WILL GIVE A PERSON A “ SOCIAL CREDIT SCORE” , just like China today.
IF YOUR A NAUGHTY BOY , YOUR TRAVEL, ACCESS TO $$, WILL BE TURNED OFF.
JUST LIKE CHINA TODAY. ITS COMING, BUT OUR #1 & #2 AMMENDMENTS KEEP GETTING IN THE WAY.

Latest posts

Top Bottom