Oklahoma House Resurrects Bill To Arm School Teachers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DFarcher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you take your kids to the gun range? Do you cringe and try to hide them away when you see someone open carrying? Are you nervous allowing your kids in public for fear there may be someone you don't know carrying concealed? Are you afraid to be around kids when carrying?

Do you even have kids? Are you drunk?

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you even have kids? Are you drunk?

Deflecting the question? I'm just listing examples where your kids might be around someone with a gun. I don't have any problems taking my son or daughter to the range where there are some people who have no formal gun training whatsoever. I don't shield my kids anytime I see someone carrying a gun. If it's okay for them to be around complete strangers who are armed, why would I be worried about them being around a teacher who is armed?

pistolpete2002

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Deflecting the question? I'm just listing examples where your kids might be around someone with a gun. I don't have any problems taking my son or daughter to the range where there are some people who have no formal gun training whatsoever. I don't shield my kids anytime I see someone carrying a gun. If it's okay for them to be around complete strangers who are armed, why would I be worried about them being around a teacher who is armed?

^^This

DFarcher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Not deflecting, just don't agree with the anywhere, anytime the more guns the better mentality. My boys were raised on guns, we shoot every week, sometimes every day. They shoot stuff and we eat it. I sent my oldest to his concealed course for his 21st. I am in favor of firearms available in schools to protect our kids. We just need to be cautious and smart when we are talking about our schools and our children.

Arin Morris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We don't want to do anything that might make a situation worse.

LOL, yes... I can see how Sandy Hook could have been worse... Oh wait, no, I can't. Typical liberal response how a bad situation can get worse when it could have been outright stopped. Again, I don't think teachers should be guards for the kids, but they should be able to at least protect themselves. How about we take some money from the sports programs schools seem to dump as much money as possible in and use it to pay for some armed guards? After all, it's an academic institution, not a sports camp, right? Just like I said before, they simply need to remove the gun free zone from schools.

DFarcher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL, yes... I can see how Sandy Hook could have been worse... Oh wait, no, I can't. Typical liberal response how a bad situation can get worse when it could have been outright stopped. Again, I don't think teachers should be guards for the kids, but they should be able to at least protect themselves. How about we take some money from the sports programs schools seem to dump as much money as possible in and use it to pay for some armed guards? After all, it's an academic institution, not a sports camp, right? Just like I said before, they simply need to remove the gun free zone from schools.

Sandy Hook could not have been worse, nothing would have been better than if that principle could have met that shooter with a firearm and splatered his sick brain all over a wall before he got to a class room. If we arm teachers we ARE tasking them with protecting our children, and they should recieve some REAL trainning if we are going to do that. The trainning requirement in Oklahoma and most other states to qualify for a carry permit is only a token requirement.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gun-free zones plus media "glorification" of mass shooters are what is making schools a target for a few mentally unstable individuals.

Gun-free zones alone are what is making schools attractive to terrorists for a Beslan-style attack.

Whatever can be done to get guns into the hands of self-selected teachers should be done. Ideally schools should be made open to carry by anyone with a concealed permit.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If we arm teachers we ARE tasking them with protecting our children, and they should recieve some REAL trainning if we are going to do that. The trainning requirement in Oklahoma and most other states to qualify for a carry permit is only a token requirement.

Maybe I'm thinking about the wrong bill, but who is talking about "arming" teachers? There's a big difference between "arming" and "not disarming". I still fail to see a reason why a teacher, who is legally allowed to carry elsewhere, should suddenly lose that right when they go to work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom