Open Carry in November

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rr2008

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, I'll smile, only because it will make it easier to conceal and stay within the law. I just don't see any good reason to show a weapon on that day, hopefully.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i agree... but bet your ass i will have several copies of the new law in my car and probably one folded up in my back pocket, just in case some leo has been living under a rock the last two months...

Yep! The appropriate enabling paragraphs, shrunk down, laminated and carried in wallet if possible, if not, laminated and stashed in a door pocket in the car. I'm still working on what to say and how to say it when I get contacted by an ill informed, plain doesn't know or overly enthusiastic LEO about why I'm illegally carrying a gun in the open. Any ideas on that?

Red Max's idea about everyone OC'ng on 11/1 is a good one. Now how to arrange that it happen in a way that the local PD's know that it will happen and not over react at all the man with a gun call's to 911 because it is doubtful IMO that most Oklahomans will know that OC in our state will be legal for licensee's after Oct 31.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep! The appropriate enabling paragraphs, shrunk down, laminated and carried in wallet if possible, if not, laminated and stashed in a door pocket in the car. I'm still working on what to say and how to say it when I get contacted by an ill informed, plain doesn't know or overly enthusiastic LEO about why I'm illegally carrying a gun in the open. Any ideas on that?

Red Max's idea about everyone OC'ng on 11/1 is a good one. Now how to arrange that it happen in a way that the local PD's know that it will happen and not over react at all the man with a gun call's to 911 because it is doubtful IMO that most Oklahomans will know that OC in our state will be legal for licensee's after Oct 31.

Its big news already and on every channel. If it passes, expect lots of coverage from the media and IMO most citizens will have heard the news...if they own a radio or TV, theres not really much way to not hear about it.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For those so hell bent on being against OC thats your choice. But don't bring down those that wish to OC. You will see that it will just be another day like any other.

Some of us aren't against it, we are against people who OC for the purposes of demonstration and/or 'getting a reaction'. OC because it makes sense and is practical for your needs, location etc...not because you want to get a rise out of folks or 'test the system'.

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get a good Level II or III holster and some training on how to keep your firearm. Be concious that just because you can does not mean it will always be a good idea. Stay safe.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SMS said:
...not because you want to get a rise out of folks or 'test the system'.
How can anyone reasonably believe that the most law abiding class of people in the entire US (conceal carry permit holders) would OC for that reason?

I think some of you guys are projecting your own feelings onto others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How can anyone reasonably believe that the most law abiding class of people in the entire US (conceal carry permit holders) would OC for that reason?

I think some of you guys are projecting your own feelings onto others.

Oh gee, maybe from this very thread perhaps, a thread about a mass demonstration of OC, or maybe directly from a post in this thread?

I thought about this as well, but I was thinking more about seeing what kind of reaction I would get from the general public. What the heck, I'll add in "celebration of freedom" as well.

I'm not condemning the entire OC concept, just cringing a little. To each his own...but many of the "most law abiding class" of people will open carry for the wrong reason, I guarantee it. That doesn't mean I think the Gov should veto the bill...just means I'm not doing backflips over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom