Open Carry in November

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh gee, maybe from this thread perhaps?

I'm not condemning the entire OC concept, just cringing a little. To each his own...but many of the "most law abiding class" of people will open carry for the wrong reason, I guarantee it. That doesn't mean I think the Gov should veto the bill...just means I'm not doing backflips over it.

IMO you've mischaracterized what StreetRat said:

Originally Posted by Street Rat
I thought about this as well, but I was thinking more about seeing what kind of reaction I would get from the general public. What the heck, I'll add in "celebration of freedom" as well.

SR statement, "Seeing what kind of reaction I would get", is quite a bit different from, your characterization of, "because you want to get a rise out of folks or 'test the system".

All SR said was that he wanted to guage a reaction. You on the other hand seem to be predicting what reaction SR may be wishing to get. You have no way of knowing that he wants a negative, irrational or emotional reaction (which is the connatation that your word RISE has in this context) - that's you projecting.

I believe that after the initial novelty wears off that the general public will not give OC by fellow citizens a 2nd thought. They don't in states like VA, AZ, MT etc. Why should they in OK? Unless of course you believe the bs the demonrats put out about gun fights in the street, those that OC are all cowards, etc. Is that what you believe?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMO you've mischaracterized what StreetRat said:

All SR said was that he wanted to guage a reaction.
Unless of course you believe the bs the demonrats put out about gun fights in the street, those that OC are all cowards, etc. Is that what you believe?

Gauging a reaction is not a reason to carry a weapon, open or concealed. I rest my case and stand on my earlier comments. I clearly stated "what I believe".

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Oh gee, maybe from this thread perhaps?

I'm not condemning the entire OC concept, just cringing a little. To each his own...but many of the "most law abiding class" of people will open carry for the wrong reason, I guarantee it. That doesn't mean I think the Gov should veto the bill...just means I'm not doing backflips over it.

Remind me to never use sarcasm here again, because I will probably forget.

I have to agree with Werewolf, you guys are projecting your feelings to others, it's pretty funny actually. I hope there are a lot of open carriers because the more the public gets accustomed to firearms the better. But so what if I or anyone else wants to open carry to get a reaction (I myself don't really like the attention). So if someone wants to open carry they are now "testing the system"? If someone open carries they better get hours of training because someone will try to take it away, or if someone open carries they will be the first target of any robbery attempt? I'm not saying the last two can't happen, but you guys are getting way to carried away for something that hasn't passed yet and wouldn't go into affect for 6 more months.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of us aren't against it, we are against people who OC for the purposes of demonstration and/or 'getting a reaction'. OC because it makes sense and is practical for your needs, location etc...not because you want to get a rise out of folks or 'test the system'.

+1.

Michael Brown

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm not looking for a reaction(I don't expect to get much at all),I'm just celebrating on one day how great it is to be an American and an Oklahoman with the freedom to OC. Steve

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There can be a public backlash to open carry. Businesses who now permit concealed carry, may change their minds to carry, if too many of their ordinary customers are offended, frightened or otherwise run-off by those who ostentatiously open carry.

I hope those who plan to open carry (if it becomes law) will consider the sensibilities of those whom they carry around.

T-Baggin98

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not looking for a reaction(I don't expect to get much at all),I'm just celebrating on one day how great it is to be an American and an Oklahoman with the freedom to OC. Steve

Agreed. I doubt I will OC much but I will on that day just because we cannot to prove a point or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom