Open Carry in November

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EAD

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think I'll carry openly very often, but it will be nice to have the option of taking off my jacket. As an added bonus, I'll be able to use my holster more often since I won't be so paranoid about other people accidentally seeing it.

But I will still conceal whenever possible. I don't like people, other than certain friends, knowing I have a weapon.

Bullbuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There can be a public backlash to open carry. Businesses who now permit concealed carry, may change their minds to carry, if too many of their ordinary customers are offended, frightened or otherwise run-off by those who ostentatiously open carry.

I hope those who plan to open carry (if it becomes law) will consider the sensibilities of those whom they carry around.

I'll remember my rights are more important than there hurt feeling's. If someone doesn't like the fact I carry CC or OC if and when its official. They can cry me a river all day long. Why should I or anyone else go out of our way to make sure those who don't like the RTKBA feeling don't get hurt. You don't see the anti's going out of theres for us when trying to restrict out rights.

I see where your coming from and were your going with this but seriously. All your saying is sheeple seeing people OC is going to hurt there feeling's and we shouldn't do that.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I for one have a whole box of very good thumb break hosters left over from a previous life in an OC state.

99.9% of the time those holsters just got to "wink" a little from the edge of a short jacket.... I'd expect the same use after this OK law hits the books.

Guys... tote big iron in a Kmart at rush hour... 99% of the folks who see you will never notice... been there done that. The average person goes around in his fitted tunnel vision device. That's why we call em "sheep".

Give up tactical advantage... I won't open carry in Tulsa or the OKC metro... but getting out at the Slurp and Burp wont be the end of the word in most of the small towns I get too. Heck...Walters at noon won't count 20 people downtown most midays... neither will Laverne.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

I'll remember my rights are more important than there hurt feeling's. If someone doesn't like the fact I carry CC or OC if and when its official. They can cry me a river all day long. Why should I or anyone else go out of our way to make sure those who don't like the RTKBA feeling don't get hurt. You don't see the anti's going out of theres for us when trying to restrict out rights.

I see where your coming from and were your going with this but seriously. All your saying is sheeple seeing people OC is going to hurt there feeling's and we shouldn't do that.

Buzzdraw has an excellent point, and one thing we should consider - businesses and MANY of the places we frequent daily are privately owned entities who can feel a backlash about something like this and BAN weapons at their establishments. They are completely within their RIGHTS to do it on their property. I don't want to get into a whole bunch of no pistol signs everywhere and where you can and can't open carry. It could cause a backlash in general against CCW which we don't need.

I agree it is great we will hopefully be getting a right back, but let's be smart about it. Everyone open carrying everywhere on day 1 and freaking out the populace is exactly what the anti's want and it would be a weapon for them to say "we told you so".

I don't have a problem with open carry, or seeing open carry, but sheep are a whole different breed. They need to be won over, one nicely dressed responsible open carry person at a time...

With that said, I will not likely open carry as I see no advantage to doing so. I like the freedom it gives if there is a time to do it however.

Good luck,

Alan

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think thats being a little drastic. I do not disapprove of open carry by any means but i don't think its a necassary law in the least bit. What difference does it make if you can carry your firearm in the open or keep it concealed? Like i said i'm not againist it in the least bit but I just think people are going to take this new law to the extreme for the first few weeks doing things like "the wal-mart walk" just to make a statement.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
i don't think its a necessary law in the least bit

While the irrational sensibilities of bed wetting bliss ninnies is not high on my list of things to worry about I also don't go around kicking hornets nests.

But, the most important aspect of this law, if Henry signs it, is that should i accidentally have my gun exposed I don't have to worry about some bed wetting bliss ninny that just soiled him or herself at the sight of a law abiding citizen carrying a gun calling 911 and ruining my day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom