Open carry update March 15th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grendel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If this manages to pass both Houses, and gets signed by the Governor; any ideas on what might change in the CCW classes? Would it be better to wait a couple extra months to take the class if this is going to be signed, than to do it sooner and then maybe have to retake the class again once it is signed and goes into effect?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL... It isn't the responsibility of a firearms instructor to train basic firearm safety. I feel it's the parents responsibility, amongst YouTube. Much like any discipline and basic life lessons. I'm not netting all instructors in the same boat either, just the un-instructure I had. By all means, throw no words in my mouth. And my point was politicians who haven't a clue about what they talk about to push and/or pull back within their parties objectives. They are public figures, I believe I may judge all I want as is my right as a human. My other point was how this "class" is nothing more than a beaurocratic "state holds no liability" get out of jail type of play. I will however apologize to you if misreading my post in anyway offended you. My bad.

I have to admit, some of your stuff is difficult to read and understand. Just sayin...:scratch:

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If this manages to pass both Houses, and gets signed by the Governor; any ideas on what might change in the CCW classes? Would it be better to wait a couple extra months to take the class if this is going to be signed, than to do it sooner and then maybe have to retake the class again once it is signed and goes into effect?

The changes should be minimal and it will take several months for them to filter down to the instructors. I'd encourage everyone to go get your SDA permit ASAP and take responsibility for your own safety. Updates and info will be available once the law is finally adopted.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The changes should be minimal and it will take several months for them to filter down to the instructors. I'd encourage everyone to go get your SDA permit ASAP and take responsibility for your own safety. Updates and info will be available once the law is finally adopted.
Taking the class again this summer. Maybe July timeframe. Suppose any changes will have filtered down by then?

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
"I hope that girl in the Governor's Office if it gets that far will say, 'That is enough, boys,' " Johnson said.

Wow, I didn't think this Johnson had too much common sense, and now I can add disrespectful to the list, what a professsional attitude.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never have understood what the big deal is. Nobody is forcing you to carry a firearm in the first place. Secondly, they are not forcing you to carry openly. It's a choice, right? I've been holding off getting my concealed permit until this passed anyway. I'm a big dude, sooner or later my weapon will surely "print" or I will inadverntly expose the weapon and I don't want to break the law so I have been waiting on open carry so that I am covered either way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom