Open carry update March 15th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twixshaw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There goes the govt again whether it be local or federal trying to tell us what we can and cant do because they know whats best for us!

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never have understood what the big deal is. Nobody is forcing you to carry a firearm in the first place. Secondly, they are not forcing you to carry openly. It's a choice, right? I've been holding off getting my concealed permit until this passed anyway. I'm a big dude, sooner or later my weapon will surely "print" or I will inadverntly expose the weapon and I don't want to break the law so I have been waiting on open carry so that I am covered either way.

You will still need a SDA card to carry open under either version of the new rules under consideration.

If it passes- you will probably get a couple of extra powerpoint slides all about open holsters and how the new laws fits the jigsaw puzzle.

The other guy is right...SDA classes are a legal hurdle. If we had tough standards--- people would complain it's a law for semi-pro gun handlers and limits the rights of the below average to use a firearm for defense. If we raise the fees and costs (or had a open market) some folks would say we are prejudiced against the poor.

Next year... I hope somebody runs the Alaska, Arizona and NH laws through a Xerox... adds the OK approved header to it... and we pass one of those.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love how they tout the concealed carry class and "certifications."

My class was two hours dissecting the carry laws, half hour shooting. It was a total joke of a class and more of a "limit the states liability explanation" type of course.

If these politicians knew a damn thing about these "classes", they'd probably stop using them as a cornerstone of this argument.

Then again, maybe it was just my "instructor", if I may use that term so loosely
Seems like you recognize the need for more training...always a good thing to go get some! 2A does not stipulate ability or training as pre-requisite to keep and bear arms. the assumption is we are not "boys with toys" but free men and women who are capable of exercising the right responsibly. Like you just demonstrated the good sense to recognize you need more training....part of exercising your right responsibly.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't think this Johnson had too much common sense, and now I can add disrespectful to the list, what a professsional attitude.
Typical Lib. What is she doing here and which part of this state elected her?
Totalitarian attitude shows a complete disregard for people as responsible individuals...rather they are stupid masses to be exploited and governed by the elite!

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who all has called Sen Barrington's office to ask for HB2522 to be heard as soon as possible? The Senate Public Safety Committee meets every Thursday, he could get it heard as early as next week if he wants to. The number is 405-521-5563

Latest posts

Top Bottom