Opinion: Which AR is the has better Quality

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best AR based on Quality

• DPMS

Votes: 23 11.2%
  • RRA

Votes: 61 29.6%
  • M&P

Votes: 44 21.4%
  • Olympic

Votes: 11 5.3%
  • Bushmaster

Votes: 34 16.5%
  • Stag

Votes: 33 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Out of the choices you listed I would rank them as follows....

Bushmaster
Oly
RRA
DPMS
S&W (No opinion, have no experience with them)
STAG (No opinion, have no experience with them)

sbcgen2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is bushmaster garbage? A buddy just got an m4<i think) with some extras. I have not shot it yet but it seemed like a nice piece. I liked it and was thinking of picking one up in a couple weeks. The price i am not so concernd with but want a nice rifle.

TJ

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I gotta agree with that, I dont like the trigger on my DPMS but i plan on changing that.

i switched the LPK in my DPMS with a STAG LPK and the trigger is smooth and breaks clean it still a little on the heavy side buy definitely 100% better than what it was

RRA, Colt, DPMS, LMT, Stag. Just about all of them have good lowers. If I was buying a complete rifle I would buy either a RRA or LMT.

Did LMT start selling complete rifles?

i am just curious exactly what constitutes running an AR hard. are we talking about tactical courses, 3, gun, lots and lots of rounds during a session (how many constitutes hard?)

there was a guy on officer.com Jwise i believe was his screen name that wrote a thread about a lot of the so called benefits of some of the top tier brands and was of the opinion that most of it meant very little and added very little to the rifle.

some of the items he specifically listed was MP testing, milspec tubes, staked castle nuts ( he actually said not to do it as it added no benefit) and H buffers (unless you already had a problem with them) as well as chrome lined barrels (on the barrels he just stated that it aided in cleaning and they lasted longer but where actually slightly less accurate)

if could be wrong but i believe he was an armor that worked on lots of different rifles and even built customs for people. his thread was very well written and included lots of pictures of what he was talking about.

one thing he did say was important was to have the gas key properly tightened and staked

he was of the same opinion that DMPS OLY, were junk ( I disagree that they are junk but do agree that they are not designed for daily combat)

his over all pick was CMMG.

having read the article it was geared more toward a what he though a LEOs rifle should be. and did not even discus the DMPS or OLY

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is bushmaster garbage?

Not in my opinion.
I've had two that were fine and dad has one that is great.

Texas DPS has contract Bushmasters so one would have to assume they go through some degree of testing to pass a minimum standard.

That said, every company turns out junk from time to time.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not in my opinion.
I've had two that were fine and dad has one that is great.

Texas DPS has contract Bushmasters so one would have to assume they go through some degree of testing to pass a minimum standard.

That said, every company turns out junk from time to time.

Yeah but do they have the super duper laser cut, carbide coated bolts!! Are their recievers cut by a computer controlled mill in a climate controlled environment!! Are they machined within a +/- .0000001 tolerance???!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom