Pain management rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well another day with a go no where appointment. Won,t give me anything till I do a pee test. Only had half a cup of coffee this morning and peed just before my appointment. No way was I going to be able to pee. We left and are now back home waiting for home health. The pee thing is going to be a real problem as we are 25 min away

Drink 3 cups of water about an hour before your pee test.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I second trying weed. I have a family friend with a horrible disease and nothing would ease the pain. So he tried weed out of desperation and it worked great. Many peoples problems could be fixed if the feds would legalize marijuana. But they won’t because their masters at the drug companies won’t allow it.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Putting back surgery off till I absolutely can't handle it I've got a bad back and it goes out every now and then and makes me walk hunkered over, kinda sideways and really hard to live with for a few days.....I've probably got enough Loritab in the house to sedate a bull elephant but I can't remember when the last time was that I took more than a half one because I don't like the groggy feeling and constipation that goes along with it so I deal with it best as I can and use my portable TENS muscle stimulator a few times a day to help me work through it.

You medically inclined people will know what I'm referring to but one gent I know has shingles pain so bad that they implanted a pain control unit in his back that has wires running up under the skin on his back to control his pain.

Another gent I know his wife crashed on a motorcycle several years ago and it messed up her back pretty bad and she also had to have some sort of anti pain devices implanted in her.

For those here that are in constant pain I feel for you.

Read “The Back Mechanic” by Professor Stuart McGill. He spent his career researching lumbar spine injuries and has help people recover from terrible back injuries without the need for surgery.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shot twice, stabbed once, fell off 3 buildings, ran over 3 times , bit by a copper head, picked up by a tornado and slammed down a block and a half later. Skull fracture from a bat, multiple automobile wrecks with multiple injuries, hung once, horse wrecks , motor cycle wrecks, electrocuted, ran a piece of steel through my eye and pulled my eye out trying to remove it and the list goes on an on
Stay away from bees. With your "luck" you'll be severely allergic and it'll be a little piddly ass insect that takes you out. Jeeze man!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shot twice, stabbed once, fell off 3 buildings, ran over 3 times , bit by a copper head, picked up by a tornado and slammed down a block and a half later. Skull fracture from a bat, multiple automobile wrecks with multiple injuries, hung once, horse wrecks , motor cycle wrecks, electrocuted, ran a piece of steel through my eye and pulled my eye out trying to remove it and the list goes on an on
Sounds like the new Movie of the Week. A three part miniseries.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a PIC in my right arm for antibiotics the wife has to administer once a day and that they use to draw blood. I asked if I could do a blood test rather than a pee test as it would be much easier in my situation. Nooo still have to do the pee test. Going to try again this morning, hour round trip just to satisfy BS rules and not sure how it will turn out. DR I talked to yesterday didn't impress me that she was going to give me anything that would send me into lala land even after I jump through all the hoops. I'm not very confident that whatever she finally gives me will even do any good.

In the mean time I went on-line and found a POT doctor, $120.00 and a video conference later my POT card has been applied for. Gotta love Oklahoma, easiest thing I have ever done. If I have to give up my carry so be it, just renewed for 10 years, may be a race to see if I live long enough to worry about renewing it again.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a PIC in my right arm for antibiotics the wife has to administer once a day and that they use to draw blood. I asked if I could do a blood test rather than a pee test as it would be much easier in my situation. Nooo still have to do the pee test. Going to try again this morning, hour round trip just to satisfy BS rules and not sure how it will turn out. DR I talked to yesterday didn't impress me that she was going to give me anything that would send me into lala land even after I jump through all the hoops. I'm not very confident that whatever she finally gives me will even do any good.

In the mean time I went on-line and found a POT doctor, $120.00 and a video conference later my POT card has been applied for. Gotta love Oklahoma, easiest thing I have ever done. If I have to give up my carry so be it, just renewed for 10 years, may be a race to see if I live long enough to worry about renewing it again.

Oh man ... I know how frustrating this whole thing has been. I spent YEARS looking for a good pain management place. They are definitely few and far between. I truly hope these guys help you out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom