Pistol for female?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have answered my question. Your response proves my point, as well as the other two posters who questioned your previous post.

I wish I had been wrong on this one.

As an aside, and as a service to you let me offer some free advice. Ignorance can be fixed, stupidity cannot. We are all ignorant in some way or another. And yes, I have told people that in person. What they do with the info is up to them.

Seriously, Im not trying to be a prick here.
Anyone who doesnt "know" guns and doesnt want to "know" guns, has no business having a gun. They are a serious piece of hardware which demand respect and competence.

None of them are "fool proof". By simplifying the operation down to " ...pull the trigger...go bang...bad guy fall down.... is woefully inadequate, in training, mindset and reality.

Following that up with "That's the point for the women in my family...." is doing them a disservice. Insist that they seek training if they are going to use a gun. If they refuse, do them a favor and dont give them a gun.

"Now if they were "gunners" then they could "tell me" what they are going to carry and shoot....hehehe" This last line is the icing on the cake, and I refer you back to my first point. You are failing them with this attitude.

Please, do not let anyone you care about handle, employ, use a gun unless they are willing to learn how to use it. Learn how to clear malfunctions, ( yes revolvers have those too). When and where their use is justified.
Then practice, and practice some more.

Bears repeating ...

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife loves her Shield 9. I gave her my LCR 357 so she'd have a wheelgun for purse carry - her preferred method. Like me, she was MUCH more accurate shooting .38 Spl loads out of it compared to .357 Mags.

promiseofwar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get her a full size to start. My friend got his wife a compact and it was a bad choice on his part. Full size will let her become proficient in handling a handgun. I suggest a 9mm and don't skimp on something cheap. Good luck.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get her a full size to start. My friend got his wife a compact and it was a bad choice on his part. Full size will let her become proficient in handling a handgun. I suggest a 9mm and don't skimp on something cheap. Good luck.

That was pretty much what I suggested. A full size 9mm will be easy on recoil.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always find it smart to expect that a BG would always be close in an attack. "Hey Mr. BG could you come up here and let me shoot you in the belly?" Seems legit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom