Post 'em

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fishfurlife, I always look forward to your posts here and on archerytalk. It is obvious you know your way around the deer woods! Another nice buck! I noticed you said it was one of your best rifle seasons, was this a rifle buck?

Dennishoddy, Gotta love a unique antlered buck! That one has some character.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fishfurlife, I always look forward to your posts here and on archerytalk. It is obvious you know your way around the deer woods! Another nice buck! I noticed you said it was one of your best rifle seasons, was this a rifle buck?

At that range, its hard to see all of the details, but he was OK. I'm one that like bucks with charactar, vs the perfect buck. He is going to get a european mount.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

First off, I am humbled by that. I really appreciate it.

Yes sir, this was a rifle kill. My field pictures turned out horrible due to my lenses fogging up bad. So I took these after getting home, thus the lack of orange. This is the first buck I have pulled the trigger on with my rifle in 5 years. It sounds cheesy, but I intentionally set the bar high with the rifle because I hate to burn an archery tag. As archery hunting is my passion.

This was buck number 15 that I have seen/passed since Sunday evening. I passed a buck at daylight this morning that I named the "Regret Buck" after he got out of range because I knew that I would look back at the end of the season and possibly regret not pulling the trigger. I have just been very fortunate to end up with a hot doe or two in front of me each time I took a stand these last few days.

twocan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife finally got her first buck and it cost me $500........ License, tag, processing fee and taxidermy. She set the bar high for her first!

[Broken External Image]

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad got this one opening morning. I saw 13 does moving down a draw and figured at least one had to be in heat, so I got comfortable against some yucca and waited. A few minutes later, I heard a gunshot up the draw. My dad was walking back towards the truck and inadvertently intercepted the buck I was patiently waiting for.
img.photobucket.com_albums_v324_264Magnum_Hunting_IMG_3796.jpg

My uncle Richard got his the next day. This is a buck I've been keeping an eye on all summer. I've seen him several times in person, have hundreds of trail cam pics and video, and even managed to find his sheds from last year. Richard comes out from Arizona every year, so we've been trying to get him one for the wall. I told him where to go, and 15 minutes later he calls me asking for help to drag his deer out.
img.photobucket.com_albums_v324_264Magnum_Hunting_IMG_3806.jpg

I was relegated to meat hunter, since I wasn't sure if my work schedule would give me any time to just hunt does. I caught this badly broken up little guy napping in his bed Saturday afternoon. My first shot hit the spine, so he needed a finisher when I got to him. His right main beam was broken just above the brow tine, and the left beam was broken at the G2.

img.photobucket.com_albums_v324_264Magnum_Hunting_2012buck.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom