question for the Christ believers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sole yes, soul who knows?

It seems that it would take a while after conception to be coherent enough to believe anything other than wanting to thrive for whatever conceived turns out to become. If conception is true Atheists would bear…

Nevermind…hope all is well out there!

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Saddlebum,
I spent some time and read this entire thread today. I learned a little bit about you and some other ok shooters.
I believe you’ve got some good friends here that are surely pulling hard for you any way they can.
I don’t know what tomorrow holds but we’re all praying and hoping for your strength and encouragement in the days ahead.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
had my vascular tests on the swollen leg today , no DVT which is good but no answers yet either

Well, yeah ... And well poo!! I hope it's not too uncomfortable. It's not like you don't already have more than enough on your plate to deal with.

I dunno if it helps or not but you and your family, as well as those caring for you, are in my thoughts and prayers. Is there anything any of us can do for you?? I'd ne glad to come up on one of my days' off and run errands for you guys -- since I'm not too familiar with the area I might not be a lot of help but I'd damn sure try.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, that's a legit answer I'd say.

Generally, if you do all the crap we tell you, have faith, be virtuous, raise your kids right.....generally they'll be fine when they get old. Unless they decide to eat a bullet.

I can state this to the OP:

Suicide devastates those left behind. Period. There is no end to the pain that a suicide causes. The best hope is that the suicide did indeed end the pain of the deceased.

But - according to some superstitions, one is rewarded for ending their time of suffering by being cast into a lake of fire. Thank you Jesus.
And as I have read "And never consumed by the fire". Does one think that our Father in Heaven could be so cruel when He loves us so much as I am sure I love Him and His Son Jesus Christ? No hell is not being cast into a cauldron of fire to burn in agony forever, hell for us mortals would be to never be allowed to see or be in the presence of our Father in Heaven for time and all eternity. A pre-existence we enjoyed with Him before we obtained a mortal body. I was raised in the catholic faith but as I grew older when I went into the military I left that faith, and for some, some very obvious reasons. For all us mortals, God gave us our free agency when born on this earth as to how we use it is a choice we make ourselves whether for Good or Evil. I love my Father in Heaven and His Son Jesus Christ and I make no excuses for my beliefs.

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bible scholars might debate whether the soul is destroyed in hell or whether hell is a place of eternal punishment. To my thinking this is a debate that we need not have. God is not willing that anyone should find themselves in hell. God has provided a means for escaping the punishment of hell through Jesus Christ. God does not send anyone to hell, God has given each of us free will, we decide whether we go to heaven or hell, it's up to us. Unfortunately most choose hell, “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 [a]Because narrow is the gate and [b]difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."~Matthew 7:13-14 NKJV. Because we have free will most choose to live their lives according to their own terms and not God's. Whether we live a good life, a life of service and self denial to help others or a sinful life that only brings heartache to others doesn't determine where we spend eternity. "But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away."~Isaiah 64:6 KJV. Best to think of this short life as a waiting room where we decide our eternity rather than being wrapped up in unimportant things, "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal"~Matthew 6:19KJV. You decide.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom