question for the Christ believers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a question for someone that is more knowledgeable than me, on the bible! Is the SOLE/ SPIRIT, eternal? If so where are we before our human body is born? I read a passage lately Jeremiah 1:5 that said, God talking to Jeremiah, It said roughly, "I knew you before I put you in your mothers womb!" Apparently Jeremiah was chosen, and was being groomed for something special! Thanks!

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
God is fully aware of past, present and future. He knew us before we were created because He knew we would be created. Think of a house that you plan to build. You see it in your mind and know what it will look like, but you haven’t actually built it yet. God is eternal, while our souls are immortal.

And the Lord God formed man of the slime of the earth: and breathed into his face the breath of life, and man became a living soul. Genesis 2:7

Noema

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you believe if a person ends their own life that precludes you from going to Heaven? in cases where people have intense suffering I wonder if God would hold it against them
When asking this sort of question, you are going to get a **** ton of different answers depending on what branch they follow. The idea that you go to hell for taking your own life usually comes from Catholicism which isn't Christianity. They are two completely different doctrines that often conflict with each other. Catholicism is more of a religion, while Christianity isn't. A religion is the practice of rituals, such as going to church, praying to Mary, confessing your sins, praying in a certain direction at a certain time each day, ect. Those aren't required in the Christian teachings. You never have to set foot in a church to be a Christian. Christianity is a relationship. The teaching about taking your life means you can't go to heaven is explained like this. Taking your own life is a sin. self murder. So if you murder yourself, how can you ask for forgiveness for your sin? You can't. Its already too late. So you can't enter the kingdom of heaven. The only other place to go is hell. Which is a whole other debate in and of itself. Whether it is a real place or not in both teachings is heavily debated. Now, why is Christianity so different on this stance? Well, Jesus paid for all sins, past, present and future. He was the ultimate sacrifice. He took all sins upon himself that day. Does that mean you can commit sin freely if you're a Christian and still go to heaven? No, Jesus knows your heart and your intensions. He knows if you coming to him is the real deal. Its an ongoing relationship with him. He walks with you every day. He expects you to fall. He knows you will sin. The difference is, he knows your heart and your intensions. If your relationship with him is true and you are doing your best, he knows that. Now, its impossible to know exactly how things are done. That's why its a belief and not a fact. So I can only explain to you on what I think happens. Say i do kill myself, but my relationship with Jesus was true and honest, but i made a mistake. I believe he will be there holding my hand walking me into heaven. Sure, i committed a sin, but remember, Jesus paid for all sins, past, present and future. He also knew my heart and my intensions. He knew i wasn't taking advantage of him. Using him for this VIP pass for my 99 virgins, wait, wrong religion...

So this part is often debated with no clear answer. Its hard to explain in words. Let me try though with the above analogy. Say my buddy is a bouncer at a club. Call him "Jebus". I'm friendly to Jebus to the point he allows me to get in free any time i want. Jebus thinks we are friends, but he doesn't know that i actually hate him. I despise him and i'm only using him to get into the club. That means that relationship between us is fake. There isn't one. He is merely an object that i use to benefit me. So the key word here is "relationship". Once Jebus finds out that i'm using him and there was no relationship to begin with, Jebus isn't going to let me go inside anymore. He only let me inside because he thought there was a form of a relationship. Now, you can't pull that **** on Jesus. He knows if you are really coming to him. That is the difference. People will often ask me, "so, that means serial killers can go to heaven"? The answer is yes. If later in life they form a relationship with Jesus, then yes, they can. Because if their relationship with him is honest and true, that means they threw away their past self. They knew what they did was wrong and are now walking with Jesus to a better life. Ok, lets say they form this relationship and decided to make the same mistake. what happens now? Well, in Christianity, there isn't a sin scale. All sin is equal. Killing someone is just as bad as stealing. One sin doesn't hold more value than the other. Sin is sin, regardless. So we often get emotional when we compare killing to stealing, because to us, killing is a far worse crime, but to god it isn't. Its all the same. The gate of heaven is a metal detector. So as long as you have metal in your pockets, they aren't going to let you in. Doesn't matter if its a pocket knife or a machete. So that needs to be said first. So coming to Christ and telling a lie later is the same as someone coming to Christ and killing a bunch of people. In gods eyes, you both are sinners. There is no Sinner, sinner plus, alpha sinner. You and the murderer are the same to god. You need to be in that mindset to understand how Christianity works. I'm not saying i'm right and this is the true way to god. I'm just explaining how the teachings were explained to me and how i interpret them.
I spent many years in Christian apologetics and debating religion with professors and elites of their sects. So i spent quite a bit of my life studying this stuff.
I know I didn't directly answer your question, because I don't know. I'm not the judge. Its not up to me. I can only tell you what I believe and how I see it.

Noema

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again, anyone who says this does not know anything about Catholicism. They only know what they’ve heard from other people or read in anti-Catholic books.
Ya, i don't know what i'm talking about. I only studied, debated and talked about it for years at an academic level lol. However, i'm not here to persuade anyone, because quite frankly, i just don't give a ****. You can worship the devil for all i care. As long as it doesn't affect me lol. I don't have an agenda, so your "anti-catholic" statement is nonsense. On the contrary, I love Catholic symbolism and studying angels and prophets. Christians are iffy about angel talk, since only three angels are ever mentioned in the bible by name, excluding Lucifer. Four if you include Lucifer. The other three are Gabriel, Michael and Abaddon? He is known by another name, forgot what it was, but he is the coolest because he is so mysterious. He is a fallen angel, but works for god, so you don't really know where his loyalty is. So any saint or Angel mentioned outside those three/four are not a Christian teaching. You strictly follow the bible and the bible alone. Any text outside of the bible are to be seen as false teachings, such as the book of enoch. Which i love that book personally. Talks about the only human that has ever turned into an angel which is Enoch himself. He is the strongest angel in heaven and goes by the name Metatron lmao. Such a cool name.
Anyways, you can give your catholic sales pitch and i won't **** on it.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
When asking this sort of question, you are going to get a **** ton of different answers depending on what branch they follow. The idea that you go to hell for taking your own life usually comes from Catholicism which isn't Christianity. They are two completely different doctrines that often conflict with each other. Catholicism is more of a religion, while Christianity isn't. A religion is the practice of rituals, such as going to church, praying to Mary, confessing your sins, praying in a certain direction at a certain time each day, ect. Those aren't required in the Christian teachings. You never have to set foot in a church to be a Christian. Christianity is a relationship. The teaching about taking your life means you can't go to heaven is explained like this. Taking your own life is a sin. self murder. So if you murder yourself, how can you ask for forgiveness for your sin? You can't. Its already too late. So you can't enter the kingdom of heaven. The only other place to go is hell. Which is a whole other debate in and of itself. Whether it is a real place or not in both teachings is heavily debated. Now, why is Christianity so different on this stance? Well, Jesus paid for all sins, past, present and future. He was the ultimate sacrifice. He took all sins upon himself that day. Does that mean you can commit sin freely if you're a Christian and still go to heaven? No, Jesus knows your heart and your intensions. He knows if you coming to him is the real deal. Its an ongoing relationship with him. He walks with you every day. He expects you to fall. He knows you will sin. The difference is, he knows your heart and your intensions. If your relationship with him is true and you are doing your best, he knows that. Now, its impossible to know exactly how things are done. That's why its a belief and not a fact. So I can only explain to you on what I think happens. Say i do kill myself, but my relationship with Jesus was true and honest, but i made a mistake. I believe he will be there holding my hand walking me into heaven. Sure, i committed a sin, but remember, Jesus paid for all sins, past, present and future. He also knew my heart and my intensions. He knew i wasn't taking advantage of him. Using him for this VIP pass for my 99 virgins, wait, wrong religion...

So this part is often debated with no clear answer. Its hard to explain in words. Let me try though with the above analogy. Say my buddy is a bouncer at a club. Call him "Jebus". I'm friendly to Jebus to the point he allows me to get in free any time i want. Jebus thinks we are friends, but he doesn't know that i actually hate him. I despise him and i'm only using him to get into the club. That means that relationship between us is fake. There isn't one. He is merely an object that i use to benefit me. So the key word here is "relationship". Once Jebus finds out that i'm using him and there was no relationship to begin with, Jebus isn't going to let me go inside anymore. He only let me inside because he thought there was a form of a relationship. Now, you can't pull that **** on Jesus. He knows if you are really coming to him. That is the difference. People will often ask me, "so, that means serial killers can go to heaven"? The answer is yes. If later in life they form a relationship with Jesus, then yes, they can. Because if their relationship with him is honest and true, that means they threw away their past self. They knew what they did was wrong and are now walking with Jesus to a better life. Ok, lets say they form this relationship and decided to make the same mistake. what happens now? Well, in Christianity, there isn't a sin scale. All sin is equal. Killing someone is just as bad as stealing. One sin doesn't hold more value than the other. Sin is sin, regardless. So we often get emotional when we compare killing to stealing, because to us, killing is a far worse crime, but to god it isn't. Its all the same. The gate of heaven is a metal detector. So as long as you have metal in your pockets, they aren't going to let you in. Doesn't matter if its a pocket knife or a machete. So that needs to be said first. So coming to Christ and telling a lie later is the same as someone coming to Christ and killing a bunch of people. In gods eyes, you both are sinners. There is no Sinner, sinner plus, alpha sinner. You and the murderer are the same to god. You need to be in that mindset to understand how Christianity works. I'm not saying i'm right and this is the true way to god. I'm just explaining how the teachings were explained to me and how i interpret them.
I spent many years in Christian apologetics and debating religion with professors and elites of their sects. So i spent quite a bit of my life studying this stuff.
I know I didn't directly answer your question, because I don't know. I'm not the judge. Its not up to me. I can only tell you what I believe and how I see it.
Did you hear the one about the preacher that held a revival, and only one farmer showed up? The preacher preached about three hours, and then ask the farmer, if you went to feed your cows and only one showed up, would you feed her? The farmer replied, yes, but I wouldn't give her all the feed!

Noema

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you hear the one about the preacher that held a revival, and only one farmer showed up? The preacher preached about three hours, and then ask the farmer, if you went to feed your cows and only one showed up, would you feed her? The farmer replied, yes, but I wouldn't give her all the feed!
I never heard that story or sang before, and not quite sure where we are going with it lol. I'm a bit confused on this one. I mean, i can go at this from several angels. Are you implying that OP is the cow and i'm the farmer, but i'm over feeding him? lmao.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
God is fully aware of past, present and future. He knew us before we were created because He knew we would be created. Think of a house that you plan to build. You see it in your mind and know what it will look like, but you haven’t actually built it yet. God is eternal, while our souls are immortal.

And the Lord God formed man of the slime of the earth: and breathed into his face the breath of life, and man became a living soul. Genesis 2:7
So you are saying the sole is created at conception, or birth, but is eternal after that?
I never heard that story or sang before, and not quite sure where we are going with it lol. I'm a bit confused on this one. I mean, i can go at this from several angels. Are you implying that OP is the cow and i'm the farmer, but i'm over feeding him? lmao.
Calm down, it's just a joke! I suspect God has a sense of humor, he created BOTH OF US!

Noema

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you are saying the sole is created at conception, or birth, but is eternal after that?

Calm down, it's just a joke! I suspect God has a sense of humor, he created BOTH OF US!
Oof, that first part is diving into a highly debated subject that i don't want to touch lmao. There is no real answer anyways, because we cant test and or observe it happening. We did try though, "in theory". I'm not sure the actual experiment took place, but It wasn't related to religion. It was something dealing with quantum superposition or some ****. So if we go by Schrodingers theory on quantum superposition, we are both dead and alive until we are observed. Something like that. I could be wrong on that. I tried to understand it a few times and gave up each time lol.

As for the second part, I wasn't being combative lol. I was trying to understand where you were going with it lol. Perhaps I read too much into it. I like puzzles and doing IQ tests, so you have to dissect what is being said when doing them. Its a habit lol. My apologies..

As for god having a sense of humor. This can be seen in 1 Samuel 5:1–5. In a sense, this is god being a troll to the Philistines. At least, that is how i see it lol. Give it a read if you haven't. Here, ill just post it

The Philistines and the Ark

1 Samuel 5:1–5

5 When the Philistines captured the ark of God, they brought it from qEbenezer to rAshdod. 2 Then the Philistines took the ark of God and brought it into the house of Dagon and set it up beside sDagon. 3 And when the people of Ashdod rose early the next day, behold, tDagon had fallen face downward on the ground before the ark of the Lord. So they took Dagon and put him back in his place. 4 But when they rose early on the next morning, behold, Dagon had fallen face downward on the ground before the ark of the Lord, uand the head of Dagon and both his hands were lying cut off on the threshold. Only the trunk of Dagon was left to him. 5 This is why the priests of Dagon and all who enter the house of Dagon vdo not tread on the threshold of Dagon in Ashdod to this day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom