question for the Christ believers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, you should know that only means you studied it, and then debated it at the academic level. In no way does that prove you are right or wrong.
"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." Friedrich Nietzsche

jeromebill7718

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are suffering and going to die soon anyway you should try pain meds.

The reason why God doesn't like murder (besides it is invading a persons autonomy) and suicide and things like tobacco is that death (clinical) is not reversible.

God doesn't want anybody to go to hell and the only way to stop that is to accept Jesus. You can't accept Jesus if you are dead. It is like running a race and jumping into a Uber. Once you get into a car (death) the race is over for you. You have to stay on the path until you hit the goal (Heaven).

There is only one sin that is not forgivable in some peoples eyes and maybe the Bible but I just err on the side of caution. Yes, If I was going to die in a month and pain was torturing me and I tried all the pain meds I could I would grab my 50 bmg and tell the upstairs neighbors to stay out of the bathroom until they heard a loud noise.

If the government wont allow doctors to prescribe enough pain meds to keep a dying person from pain then they shouldn't include suicide by gun as a gun death. It is a euthanasia assisted by the most efficient means.

They should have a area for people to kill themselves with a claymore mine to the brain after going through a checklist like....has the doctor prescribed enough pain meds to kill you but it didn't work and are you at the end of your life.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
appt with surgeon Tuesday to set up more surgery. nearing the end of my tolerance

I know how you feel. I was told yesterday that I am looking at at least 5 to 8 more surgeries, depending on what the testing (which is a separate surgical procedure in and of itself) shows.

The last month to 45 days has been miserable. I hurt all the time -- even with pain management -- and I have missed more work than I've been at. If I worked any other place than a small, family-owned place I'd have been canned but they work really hard to accommodate me. I adore them.

Stay strong, hon. I know it's not easy -- and good luck with the surgery. If nothing else, I hope it eases your pain. God knows that in and of itself would be a blessing. You know that old fart, Lone Wolf, would tell you to take a deep breath and be grateful for the day. 😘

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does Not!
That's a tough question one doesn't want to get wrong. My church has made comments that suicide is not a sin. I struggle with that, as ending one's own life doesn't appear to be in alignment with God's plan. "Thou shalt not kill/murder." That's one of the BIG ten. Hits smack dab in the suicide act. I will never take a chance with my eternal soul, for temporary pain relief. He will take one home when he is ready. This year, I buried numbers 16, 17, 18 family members and life long friends, 18 was a 36yo single mother of three between 5-10 ys, three different dads, together not worth the powder to blow dads to Hell. Some of the 18 suffered terribly, heartbreaking to watch, thank you for Hospice, what a blessing. I don't understand why God permits such suffering. One day we will understand all. But, I believe that big hurt in the now is insignificant in the big picture. I will accept what God brings my way. Pray with earnest, for God's leading, will. As earlier posts noted God will never give us more than we can handle. Some of my 18 passings, I felt He was overly optimistic in his assessment of their capability. But, they actually did make it through. Probably harder on those supporting than the patient.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom