question for the Techy gurus

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure what I did to make it happen, but now every political text i get is automatically tagged as spam and I never even see it. No notification, no nothing.

Rarely, I'll get a notification saying i got a spam text, and then I'm able to click it and see the list of hundreds, if not thousands, of spam texts.
On an Iphone, don't open it, but tag it as spam and report it. The political texts will stop immediately.
All except the texts from Malania. Show those to my wife as proof she is flirting with me.
Not really, but it's a fantasy......LOL!

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not getting emails, just texts on my phone.
I'm getting emails and text messages. I've only had this number since January 1st, so most of the texts are addressed to John. I also was getting messages that his business's alarm system was triggered, and that his banker needed to talk to him.

The email address I've had since the late 90's. Those ate usually addressed to William. Only my mom called me that, and she's been dead since 2004, but I do use it in my signature on bills & contracts.

50 or so texts a day, down to about 20 emails a day, now. Been marking all requests for money from anyone as spam, and blocking the numbers or email addresses as spam for quite a while now. It is starting to slow down... but I don't expect it to ever completely stop.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess that I am blessed. In all the years that I've had a cell phone, I think I may have gotten one contact that wasn't legitimate. I even rarely get spam calls.

Maybe that is because I seldom ever make phone calls.

All that said, my wife still will get an occasional call or text to "Elizabeth" (not my wife's name) asking if we are willing to sell "our" house on Manchester Drive. We've never lived in any place on a street named Manchester Drive.

Maybe she has a phone number that someone else used to have?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess that I am blessed. In all the years that I've had a cell phone, I think I may have gotten one contact that wasn't legitimate. I even rarely get spam calls.

Maybe that is because I seldom ever make phone calls.

All that said, my wife still will get an occasional call or text to "Elizabeth" (not my wife's name) asking if we are willing to sell "our" house on Manchester Drive. We've never lived in any place on a street named Manchester Drive.

Maybe she has a phone number that someone else used to have?
Oh, we can certainly fix that!

Latest posts

Top Bottom