Racism at OU

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right, the two events are not comparable. Perhaps more pointedly, Mixon was not acting in a University-sponsored event or group at the time his idiocy occurred. He acted as a singular dumbassed individual that sucker punched a quite annoying chick at a bar. He made a poor choice, but he made it as a student athlete at an eatery.

These SAE asshats were chanting as a group of members that organizes under the auspices of OU, while assembled at that time into their group, while attending an event sponsored by that group and thus the University that recognizes and blesses the existence that group. Anything OU allows that group to do while acting in their capacity as a sponsored student organization can and will be implicitly (or even explicitly) related back to being an action of the University.

That's why OU can enforce this differently than the individual actions of a singular student (or student athlete).

They were immature dipshits for sure...I don't support punishing the hundreds of other members that can't be proven guilty...but these little punks forwarded the stereotype of rich frat boys and the WORST PART IS, THE MAIN GUY IS FROM FREAKING TEXAS!!! Thanks a lot for your little feel good frat song setting back race relations and making Oklahoma look bad. But I still separate their little chant from hardened, open racism and redneck sleigh rides, etc. I think I agree with the previous guy that part of the motivation was narccism. If we went after EVERY 19yo college kid who used a racial epitaph then we'd have a lot of people of all races rounded up and expelled; you know it and I know it. Based upon the reaction to this, we'll have people calling for a Patriot Act for racism and wire tapping all frat houses (hopefully not; I'm being facetious)

You should Google Boley Oklahoma.

There ain't nothing wrong with free speech. The problem isn't about them exercising free speech. They aint being punished for exercising free speech. They were not protesting or debating or chanting about some wrong, they were singing a song about hanging blacks from a tree.

They are being ridiculed, suspended, expelled and ostracized because they got drunk, ran their collective mouths and now have to stand in judgment by Oklahomans and our public opinion. It's a deserved judgment IMO.

They brought shame, insult and ridicule to all Okies. We ain't Mississippi, Georgia or Alabama. No sir, you are wrong. This ain't about defending free speech, this is defending stupidity. Of which there is no defence.

I am not defending what they said...I made that clear I thought?

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They were immature dipshits for sure...I don't support punishing the hundreds of other members that can't be proven guilty...but these little punks forwarded the stereotype of rich frat boys and the WORST PART IS, THE MAIN GUY IS FROM FREAKING TEXAS!!! Thanks a lot for your little feel good frat song setting back race relations and making Oklahoma look bad. But I still separate their little chant from hardened, open racism and redneck sleigh rides, etc. I think I agree with the previous guy that part of the motivation was narccism. If we went after EVERY 19yo college kid who used a racial epitaph then we'd have a lot of people of all races rounded up and expelled; you know it and I know it. Based upon the reaction to this, we'll have people calling for a Patriot Act for racism and wire tapping all frat houses (hopefully not; I'm being facetious)

I am not defending what they said...I made that clear I thought?

I dunno, that was over a hour ago. Lol. Yes your trying to defend their right to chant ******s and hang them from a tree.

Yes they have a right to say that, I concede. Now you concede, they should leave our State and not come back. They can get their education in Texas.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The catch is that it's not a private area when they are meeting as part of the group that is sponsored by and exists by blessing of the University.

To go back to your other post, does the OU football team not exist and is it not sponsored by and with the blessing of the university???

Also, are you saying that there is no time in the daily life of a college frat boy that he is not under the direct "sponsorship" of the university?

I am curious, I assum OU owned the frat house the SAEs were living in? Unless OU owned the physical property, I'm not sure how the school told them to beat it.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find it interesting that Michael Myers, (New York Civil Rights Coalition) and David Webb (Fox News Contributor), Both black men, say the students should not have been expelled because its a violation of their 1st amendment rights.

Both cited cases where equal slurs etc have been against those in the Jewish community, and other ethnicities of equal magnitude as this case, yet those students were not expelled.

They are concerned that this may set a precedent.
David Boren, who, coincidentally is a white man, thinks these guys can be expelled. RidgeHunter is so white you can barely even see him in the daylight, and he thinks they can be expelled. The one-nut-nucker is pretty white (I Think, he doesn't like sharing personal information) and he thinks they can be expelled because he doesn't like to be embarrassed. Ill put my Anglo Saxon bone fides against anybody's and I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. I'll see you, and I'll raise you.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To go back to your other post, does the OU football team not exist and is it not sponsored by and with the blessing of the university???

Also, are you saying that there is no time in the daily life of a college frat boy that he is not under the direct "sponsorship" of the university?

I am curious, I assum OU owned the frat house the SAEs were living in? Unless OU owned the physical property, I'm not sure how the school told them to beat it.

The football team exists, but Mixon was not at a practice or a game beating up girls in unison with his practice squad when he hit a woman. He was a dude at a food joint who got stupid.

About the house, OU in fact owns the property. Specifically the Board of Regents. You can look it up on the Cleveland County assessor website. That said, I wondered if there were tenant laws that provided some amount of time for kicking them out. 2 days seemed awfully quick even given their stupidity.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
David Boren, who, coincidentally is a white man, thinks these guys can be expelled. RidgeHunter is so white you can barely even see him in the daylight, and he thinks they can be expelled. The one-nut-nucker is pretty white (I Think, he doesn't like sharing personal information) and he thinks they can be expelled because he doesn't like to be embarrassed. Ill put my Anglo Saxon bone fides against anybody's and I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. I'll see you, and I'll raise you.

I'm not going to second guess David Borens decision. His interest is in the school and any controversy can have a major effect on contributions and enrollments which is how they make their money to stay alive. IMHO that is why he did what he did.

I just commented on how some black activists are not in agreement with David Boren because they think the violation of their 1st amendment rights could set a precedent that could backlash against their communities.

A comment by Michael Myers to back up his comments were that you sure didn't want to hear the comments of a bus load of black kids going to a protest against whites.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm ambivalent. Throwing the frat off campus was the absolute right thing to do. Expelling a couple of drunk guys who weren't actually harassing or demeaning anyone but a camera... I've got mixed feelings, embarrassing Oklahoma is not a crime, and you will NEVER hear me defend a racist.

Latest posts

Top Bottom