Racism at the University of Oklahoma...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right outta the gate let me stress that I am NOT a racist. I believe that hating a human being just because of their skin color is absolutely absurd. I didn't choose to be white just like others didn't choose to be black...or brown...or yellow...or purple... :blahblah:

Most of us have seen the video of the two girls, one with black paint on her face making the comment that she did. As others, I feel like they were wrong in doing so.

However...

While watching the news this morning, I saw where two black girls were asked their thoughts. The were both members of OU's Black Student Association.

http://www.ou.edu/studentlife/diverse_communities/african_americanstudentlife/BSA

:lookaroun

Call me crazy, but this seems like a form of racism to me. I mean...can white kids join? Or Asian kids? Or Hispanics? What would be the opinion of everybody if there was a White Student Association? Anybody else feel the same way as I do? Not trying to stir anything up, but I just don't understand this whole race thing. Just like black people hate the "N" word, but all day long at my work, I hear 18/19 year old black males (and sometimes females) call each other that very thing! :anyone:

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Godson is black and I agree racism in any form is STUPID! What do yo think would happen if some white person would start a White Entertainment Television (WET), or had a Miss Caucasian Pageant or The Caucasian Awards. I am so tired of the America being the only Country and Whites being the only race to pay and keep paying for Slavery and being a Racist people.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw a story on the news yesterday where students were meeting with the OU pres, showing all their trendy outrage and demanding he resign.
Child minds.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMO, when you have specific clubs/organizations according to race it's just a variation of segregation that is contradictory to the very ideal that anyone with a "lick of sense" should want to see achieved. The ideal being of course, equality.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Godson is black and I agree racism in any form is STUPID! What do yo think would happen if some white person would start a White Entertainment Television (WET), or had a Miss Caucasian Pageant or The Caucasian Awards. I am so tired of the America being the only Country and Whites being the only race to pay and keep paying for Slavery and being a Racist people.

I agree. I think any group or organization that names race as part of its name should be abolished. The name itself gives racial preference to its members and discriminates against others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my mind it separates us as Americans.
And it is NO DIFFERENT than democrat or republican.
That is correct That democrat and republican crap needs to stop also and just be Americans for America We the people.

Just call us all People.

That democrat republican thing has made me angry since I learned about it at a young age.

WT Flock is wrong with everyone. You just keep it up.
Yea that is how I feel about it all.
Democrat and republican separates people and sets an example that separation is ok.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my mind it separates us as Americans.
And it is NO DIFFERENT than democrat or republican.
That is correct That democrat and republican crap needs to stop also and just be Americans for America We the people.

Just call us all People.

That democrat republican thing has made me angry since I learned about it at a young age.

WT Flock is wrong with everyone. You just keep it up.
Yea that is how I feel about it all.
Democrat and republican separates people and sets an example that separation is ok.

Yeah, actually, it is different. I see where you’re coming from, I think, but the idea of political parties is there so that people of like minds could have some sort of affiliation based on a set of broad, general principles and ideas.

Separation by race, to some degree, does let people of like minds come together , but really serves more to SEPARATE them from others, usually the “mainstream” race.

There is a gene, for example, for eye color, but there is no gene for race. Humans are humans, despite the outward differences in appearance, just like dogs are dogs, whether a Great Pyrenees or a Chihuahua.

Humans are the only species however, to be intelligent enough to not only recognize but to make efforts to separate amongst themselves and to be a danger to themselves based on their perceived differences.

Sometimes it appears that we are so smart we’re stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mean...can white kids join? Or Asian kids? Or Hispanics? What would be the opinion of everybody if there was a White Student Association?

Yes, and speaking from experience there they all do join, and are welcomed.

I (white/Native American) went to the Vietnamese Student Association gigs when I was at OU in Norman. Cool group... helped with some of the refugee population in OKC. Also had great dinner most of the time.

But I definitely acknowledge your point. There's a fine line between ensuring you are not marginalized, and crossing that line to promote preferential treatment above others simply because of race/class/religion/etc.

Sometimes it appears that we are so smart we’re stupid.

Absolutely we are... LOL

Last edited:

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m only going to say this, racism is stupid, immoral, and silly. HOWEVER, if you listen to media today EVERYTHING under the sun is now racist, damn near anything can be considered racist and usually only runs in one direction (and that is) ...ONLY WHITE PEOPLE can be racist. With that being said it should not be a crime for people to be racist, if they want to dislike someone for the color of their skin then they should be free to do so as long as they aren’t infringing on the rights of others, hate all you want it only destroys them from within.

Basically it’s all racism under the leftist propaganda arm.... don’t like a certain religion ?(like me) you’re a racist.....don’t like political views (of someone of color) you’re a racist, hell..if you eat Vietnamese food your a racist guilty of cultural appropriation......

We are headed for something unhealthy and seriously bad if we don’t push back while we still can, our kids and grand kids won’t have a country to speak of if we remain silent.

Last edited:

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
My experience has been there is no group more racist than blacks. Why does OU even have a black students group? Is there a white students group? I’m pretty sure MLK is rolling over in his grave at some of the behavior of some blacks. OU is quick to jump on the black discrimination blame game. I remember Stoops walking hand in hand with black players after the party bus incident.

It’s 2019, who gives a crap what race someone is. Stand up and be proud of who you are. Work hard to become what you want to be. Skin color shouldn’t matter and be a reason for discrimination or special treatment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom