Racism at the University of Oklahoma...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In fairness you were in highschool before my dad had his first hard on , that being said this had changed dramatically by the 90’s when I graduated high school. We accepted you based on who you were color didn’t matter. If you sucked ...you sucked which ever color you happened to be. If you were cool you were cool regardless of color

That was sort of my point. My father saw it differently, (more that blacks were inferior because they were black) than I did, and now, than you do. I’m pretty sure my kids see it differently too, and I hope by the time my little 16 month old grandson is grown, racism will largely be a non-issue. I do believe it’s better; certainly we have come a long way since forced bussing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember Stoops walking hand in hand with black players after the party bus incident.

I'm not refuting your other points by saying this, but recruiting is king in college football. Bob couldn't NOT do this and keep up what he does trying to recruit the type of student demographic he was looking to court to his program. He's too much a figurehead to not take such a stance.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Food for thought ....Morgan and I couldn’t me more aligned on this issue ..............not possible perfect alignment

I've been called a 'cracker' more times than I can remember. However, I wanna come back as Morgan Freeman in my next life! That man just 'gets it'. People should be judged by their actions/inactions. Many people use the term 'racist' as a crutch ---- some use it to prop themselves up. Others just want to beat you over the head with it.

I can say that the students demanding the firing of a person that actually had no control over a situation are setting up dangerous ground rules for the times that they'll be entering the workforce. For instance, one of your employees posts something 'questionable' on Bookface when they are off the clock. Then, people demand that you be fired because you're their boss at work...……….pretty silly, but still here we are.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That was sort of my point. My father saw it differently, (more that blacks were inferior because they were black) than I did, and now, than you do. I’m pretty sure my kids see it differently too, and I hope by the time my little 16 month old grandson is grown, racism will largely be a non-issue. I do believe it’s better; certainly we have come a long way since forced bussing.

Forced bussing was a half century ago :) of course things are changing

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I'm not refuting your other points by saying this, but recruiting is king in college football. Bob couldn't NOT do this and keep up what he does trying to recruit the type of student demographic he was looking to court to his program. He's too much a figurehead to not take such a stance.

I have no doubt. The whole Dixon story is a prime example. I know every college does it. My point is it shouldn’t matter what the color of someone’s skin is. In my opinion, Obama set that back 100 years. Kind of like the genius Asian kids getting passed over at Harvard for some diversity advantaged students with lower test scores. But what do I know, I’m just an old white guy and according to the liberals we are dying out soon.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not racist, anyone who has met me and my wife can easily tell that. However while it may be distasteful that someone has an opinion on race that is put out there I believe that the first amendment still protects the freedom of speech and in extension opinion. The news coverage and the knee jerk reactions are what causes more problems than good. This should have BARELY made local news and never touched national news at all. If it's against the schools code of conduct then punishment should be rendered in accordance with the rules thereof and that is it. If it's not the university should simply keep their lips shut. EVERYONE has made a stupid mistake in the past and get to learn from it. More than likely the girl will be redflagged for life over stupidity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom