Racism at the University of Oklahoma...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am not racist, anyone who has met me and my wife can easily tell that. However while it may be distasteful that someone has an opinion on race that is put out there I believe that the first amendment still protects the freedom of speech and in extension opinion. The news coverage and the knee jerk reactions are what causes more problems than good. This should have BARELY made local news and never touched national news at all. If it's against the schools code of conduct then punishment should be rendered in accordance with the rules thereof and that is it. If it's not the university should simply keep their lips shut. EVERYONE has made a stupid mistake in the past and get to learn from it. More than likely the girl will be redflagged for life over stupidity.

An excellent point. The media coverage made this a national issue, much like the young guy looking as and smiling at the Native American Hero who was beating on his drum. If we were all suddenly red flagged for stupid things we did in our youth, I'd be so buried in them I'd never be found. Now, if you all will excuse me, I have to go take my Geritol, as I have been so clearly reminded of my advanced years. Now if I can just remember where it is...and what I'm looking for...

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my opinion, Obama set that back 100 years.
This... this... a thousand times this.

You'd think the first "black" president would have attempted to pull our nation together, rather than cause more division for eight years. Sheesh... he's also half white (though it was rarely mentioned).

But then I guess we're back to that character thingy...
:drunk2:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with most of this but OU doesn't own this, OSU, TU etc all have them. There's probably a "black" student's group in a vast majority of Universities out there, just like several other race or religious based groups.
The united states Congress has the Congressional Black Caucus. Whites need not apply.
The CBC has always been an all-black organization. It was founded in 1971 with 13 members. It is currently made up of of 42 House members. All are African American, and all are Democrats.
Hussain Obama was a member during his term as Senator.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's fine to have a black student club, group, etc. there really are issues that only black, Native American, Vietnamese, and on and on, can relate to, and help each other handle. But, we have individuals, of every type, that don't like the other groups. It isn't the university's responsibility to make that go away. These two girls were called out on their actions, they apologized, they were required to leave OU, and will carry that with them for an really long time. Having continuing meetings and other gatherings only aggravates the issue.
Meanwhile on tonight's news on Channel 9, (OKC) they had a video of someone in blackface in a hoody walking through the OU campus.
I was not known if it was a student or not.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis, no matter how stupid someone gets, there always seems to be another idiot that will try to out-stupid the first one.
If your referencing the guy walking the campus in blackface, your exactly right. Could be an outsider, or a campus student trying to make a point. I'd be interested if it was a student, and if he plans on using his 1st amendment to say he was expressing his opinion in a protest. Nobody in the media or academia protested the black activists that were confronting the maga hat high school boys in DC with racist remarks against their color.
If it it required for one race to be PC it MUST be required for all to follow the same rules and it's not that way now. The disparity of political correctness and abuse of the 1st amendment regarding racial statements against another race is widely ignored if your white. If your of color, your allowed to throw all the racial epithets against another race with impunity. That's just a fact and it's not right.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The ancient phrase ‘Divide and Conquer’ describes the consistent Leftist Strategy. By recognizing and supporting every possible fanatical splinter group, political faction and unique population with an abnormal self identity, they seek to gather them into their constituency to achieve sufficient political force to undermine our culture and eradicate any trace of our heritage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom