Researching the 2ndA & the NRA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynx

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Concealed carry doesn't count? Mark my words, we will have unlicensed concealed carry within 10 years.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

And what does this accomplish? Will you be free? It accomplishes nothing. The fact is that rights come from God and only from God. These are our birthright. You own those rights as property as they are gifts from God. If you own these rights, why are you willing to get a license/permit to do with what you own? Why wait ten years? Something most people don't realize is that a license is permission to break the law, to do what is illegal, commit a tort or a trespass by the very government they created. Just pay a fee and you're clear to act outside of the law. Even God doesn't allow us to act outside of his Law without consequence. By seeking a resolution via government, you concede that you own nothing. An example: John's neighbor Bill steals John's lawn mower. John calls the police. The police show up, arrest Bill and charge him with theft of John's lawnmower. The case goes to court. A judge decides that Bill is guilty of taking the lawnmower "owned" by John and must pay restitution and serve time in prison. That the judge decides Bill's punishment indicates that John doesn't own the lawnmower, he only holds it in trust. Who then owns the lawnmower? The government or we the people as indicated by the fact that the people's agent (the judge) decides ownership. Now if John were the actual owner of the mower, it would be he who decides on what should happen to Bill. That in our psuedo-reality the judge decides means that government/we the people own the lawn mower collectively. Can you say communism? In summation, that our rights are infringed upon by government which we created means we have no rights under the law. If you owned the right, no entity beyond God can infringe upon those rights with moral justification. The government of "pro-gun" legislators will be absolutely no different than those who are anti-gun. Relying on government to fix the problems we created is asinine. The only way man is to be free is to eliminate government entirely and restore ourselves under God's natural laws. Short of that, man's current condition is amusing. :)

lee1000

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
that thing some people get to do after asking and paying for permission? using only approved types of handguns, purchased after asking permission? that's not rights.

What would you have suggested before concealed carry was enacted, it was illegal. Any suggestions should be a viable option. You don't get your rights back through magic or pie in the sky hopes. You have to work for them, volunteer and show up at the polls.

lee1000

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And what does this accomplish? Will you be free? It accomplishes nothing. The fact is that rights come from God and only from God. These are our birthright. You own those rights as property as they are gifts from God. If you own these rights, why are you willing to get a license/permit to do with what you own? Why wait ten years? Something most people don't realize is that a license is permission to break the law, to do what is illegal, commit a tort or a trespass by the very government they created. Just pay a fee and you're clear to act outside of the law. Even God doesn't allow us to act outside of his Law without consequence. By seeking a resolution via government, you concede that you own nothing. An example: John's neighbor Bill steals John's lawn mower. John calls the police. The police show up, arrest Bill and charge him with theft of John's lawnmower. The case goes to court. A judge decides that Bill is guilty of taking the lawnmower "owned" by John and must pay restitution and serve time in prison. That the judge decides Bill's punishment indicates that John doesn't own the lawnmower, he only holds it in trust. Who then owns the lawnmower? The government or we the people as indicated by the fact that the people's agent (the judge) decides ownership. Now if John were the actual owner of the mower, it would be he who decides on what should happen to Bill. That in our psuedo-reality the judge decides means that government/we the people own the lawn mower collectively. Can you say communism? In summation, that our rights are infringed upon by government which we created means we have no rights under the law. If you owned the right, no entity beyond God can infringe upon those rights with moral justification. The government of "pro-gun" legislators will be absolutely no different than those who are anti-gun. Relying on government to fix the problems we created is asinine. The only way man is to be free is to eliminate government entirely and restore ourselves under God's natural laws. Short of that, man's current condition is amusing. :)

I agree that self defense is a birth right and one the government doesn't have the authority to take away as that birth right preceeded the government.

The fact of the matter is we are currently bound by laws (like it or not) and we have to take an action to get our rights back.

Those actions are:
Ensure pro rights candidates make it to the primary's and then win the general election.
Volunteer for pro rights candidates
Educate the public
Donate to pro rights candidates and organizations

Please layout your ideas

Lynx

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I agree that self defense is a birth right and one the government doesn't have the authority to take away as that birth right preceeded the government.

The fact of the matter is we are currently bound by laws (like it or not) and we have to take an action to get our rights back.

Those actions are:
Ensure pro rights candidates make it to the primary's and then win the general election.
Educate the public

Please layout your ideas

My ideas? Remember who is the Prime Creator. Stop idolizing man and man's laws. Stop stealing the intellectual property of God, that being Law, and substituting our law in place of his Law. You state that we are bound by law, whether we like it or not. Man's laws only determine what is legal and permissible. The fact of the matter is that legal does not equate to that which is right or wrong. God's Law only deals with what is right and wrong. So of the two, which are you going to follow? It is because those who claim to know God are liars if they obey man's laws. The simple fact is that you can not have two masters. Until you attorn yourself from man's laws and back to God's Law, you can not know God. My short answer to your query: stop obeying man's laws and start obeying God's Law.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson
"An unjust law is no law at all."St. Augustine...

rather than band together to enact compromise with those who would enslave us, individuals should ignore those ordinances which go against natural law.

before the carry of firearms was outlawed, it was legal, and a man could do as he saw fit to ensure the protection of himself and his family. elected "representatives" made illegal something that is the birthright of every person on the planet, and the multitude of sheep accepted it. magic thinking, pie in the sky hopes would be to think the same system that continues to destroy our liberties could fully restore them through generations of compromise.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those who think lobbying is "begging," here's Michelle Obama asking for money from donors to place more anti-gunners into office to help pass more ant-gun laws next time:

http://www.teammitch.com/lundergan_grimes_attends_fundraiser_with_michelle_obama_in_new_york

"And let's not forget about that commonsense gun legislation that so many of us feel so strongly about," the first lady said. "Sadly as you know, that bill failed. Anyone know by how many votes? It failed by just six votes in the Senate. Six. So make no mistake about it: the midterm elections, they matter. They matter."

As I understand it, we're supposed to combat this with the JFPO, who refuses to get into politics, Ron's Paul's organization, where a search on their own website hardly produces a "hit" on what they're doing poiitically as far as firearms, and the GOA, who with perhaps 300,000 members, is not a political factor.

Meanwhile, the same posters who oppose the NRA due to their compromises will vote Republican on election day, or don't vote at all.

You might also bear in mind, that as religion has less and less influence on people, telling them it's a "God given right" won't mean anything.

So far, I'm just not seeing a better alternative to the NRA.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Those actions are:
Educate the public

Please layout your ideas

That pretty well sums it up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom