Researching the 2ndA & the NRA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lee1000

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A much simpler solution is for all those who view infringements on natural freedoms is to just say no. Lobbying the government to gain favor for a position concedes servitude. Freemen don't beg, not even of God himself. All very amuzing. :)

The world is not that simple. You are advocating that we don't participate in a system that will (like it or not) dictate our future firearms freedoms.
We need to unite and dictate what happens, not stand by and watch what happens.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
as evidenced by multiple posts and links throughout this thread, the nra, or its lobbying arm, has stood together with antifreedpm government officials to erode our rights to a hull of what they once were.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perhaps you would care to find a post where any of us say we agree with everything that the NRA does.

I'm guessing that both time I have asked people who are anti-NRA who they support and is doing a better job...they leave the thread.

They don't have a better alternative.

We haven't even covered the side of the NRA that sponsors shooting events for the public, teaches life and safety skills, etc.

How does that compare to the groups that the anti-NRA members support?

You do a pretty good job of ignoring what is said about the NRA and trying to find ways to attack the person who doesn't like the NRA. It would be better if you focused more on the former rather than the latter.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just as I figured, we have a few members who are grasping at straws, trying to justify how being members of organizations with little to no influence and an undeterimined number of memberships, are of any influence on Congress or the media, and the American people.

While you all theorize and philosophize on just what the definition of "lobbying" is, anti-gunners will be busy doing it.

http://vacps.org/nra-anti-gun-organizations

Oh, and several times a year I am directly involved with the public, from small children to the eldery, boys and girls, men and women, teaching shooting skills and running shooting events (usually sponsored or co-sponsored by the NRA and others), so I don't stop at sending a few bucks to a pro-NRA organization or just whine about it online. :)

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You do a pretty good job of ignoring what is said about the NRA and trying to find ways to attack the person who doesn't like the NRA. It would be better if you focused more on the former rather than the latter.

Once again, I don't agree with everything the NRA does, but nobody here has offered up a better solution.

What's your solution?

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can we justify the NRA's existence? Has anyone done that yet or do they just foam at the mouth about the whole thing?

Once again, I don't agree with everything the NRA does, but nobody here has offered up a better solution.

What's your solution?

Once again you dodge discussion of the NRA and turn it around. Why don't you want to talk about the NRA?

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can we justify the NRA's existence? Has anyone done that yet or do they just foam at the mouth about the whole thing?

Once again you dodge discussion of the NRA and turn it around. Why don't you want to talk about the NRA?

The NRA, as with whatever political party I'm affiliated with, doesn't meet with my 100% approval.

The candidates I vote for do not meet with my 100% approval.

I'd be worried abut myself if I agreed with an organization or a party that I agreed with 100%.

However, I'm a realistic enough to know that being a member of an obscure organization that ether chooses to not participate in politics or has a small following is not going to do much for us now, especially with the money being thrown around by the anti-NRA.

Once we have a pro-2A admin in office, then that will be the time to address some of the stances that the NRA takes...but right now...not a good time.

There, that's my "talk" about the NRA.

I'll leave the trashing of the NRA to others, just as I'll leave the trashing of whatever candidate is running against Obama to others.

So, please feel free to share with us what candidate you voted for or what party you support that you agree with 100%?

Lynx

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The world is not that simple. You are advocating that we don't participate in a system that will (like it or not) dictate our future firearms freedoms.
We need to unite and dictate what happens, not stand by and watch what happens.

Firearms freedoms? Interesting. I see no mention of firearms in the 2A, which by it's intent was added to prohibit the government from infringing on the right to keep and bear arms. Advocating that free people beg the same government infringing on that right not to infringe on that right is insane. And the system is so far removed from the concept of the establishment of government to "secure these rights" that short of a reboot nothing will be able to curtail the government you seek to petition. That avenue was attempted once before and ended in failure. I see zero chance of a second attempt being any more successful. I'll sit out on the sidelines and wait for the reboot to occur.

lee1000

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Firearms freedoms? Interesting. I see no mention of firearms in the 2A, which by it's intent was added to prohibit the government from infringing on the right to keep and bear arms. Advocating that free people beg the same government infringing on that right not to infringe on that right is insane. And the system is so far removed from the concept of the establishment of government to "secure these rights" that short of a reboot nothing will be able to curtail the government you seek to petition. That avenue was attempted once before and ended in failure. I see zero chance of a second attempt being any more successful. I'll sit out on the sidelines and wait for the reboot to occur.

Than don't ***** when gun control laws are enacted.

Latest posts

Top Bottom