Researching the 2ndA & the NRA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wesson,

Are you a "plant by the NRA?" Do you work for them?? Why are you so dead set on supporting a bloated, dysfunctional, broken, political union that works against the 2nd Amendment while begging for money from its members?

Are you blind, or, do you intentionally choose to ignore the facts? There's no turning that ship around. It's been hijacked, and, the voting population, as well as the majority of the NRA members have been brainwashed into believing the NRA is the only savior of the 2nd Amendment. Love of this organization is BLIND!

I hear the Judas goat calling you Wesson. Better send the Negotiated Rights Association some more money!~

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Big NRA is a 501c3, and as such, has no political influence or standing. Being a member, your dues don't go to any political/legislative activities, you're just supporting training/education/range building/etc.

If you have beef with "NRA" lobbying and political activities, take it up with the NRA-ILA (Institute for Legislative Action - the separate entity that does the lobbying/lawyering)

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Big NRA is a 501c3, and as such, has no political influence or standing. Being a member, your dues don't go to any political/legislative activities, you're just supporting training/education/range building/etc.

If you have beef with "NRA" lobbying and political activities, take it up with the NRA-ILA (Institute for Legislative Action - the separate entity that does the lobbying/lawyering)

Well, I guess I'm just too gullible then. I keep being told that the NRA is the largest, strongest, greatest # of members, gorilla in the china closet, pro-gun, 2nd Amendment defending organization on the planet.

Guess I won't be joining the Negotiated Rights Association with the intention of defending the 2nd Amendment or the Constitution.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I guess I'm just too gullible then.

Sending money to lobbyists is a losing battle. Yay, you paid the lobbyists salary and gave him money to bribe politicians to vote a certain way. Now what? What about next session? What about when Bloomberg comes along with a dump truck full of hundred dollar bills? Are we going to spend the rest of eternity trying to put out legislative fires until we get outspent and lose our 2A rights anyway? You're just postponing the inevitable.

The only way to secure our future is through training and education, building up interest and awareness of our rights, and getting people out shooting. That's why I think RWVA's Appleseed is the greatest thing ever. If you want to give your money away, I suggest sending it to them. Those guys are doing more to protect our rights than any other 2A organization out there.

Last edited:

lee1000

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sending money to lobbyists is a losing battle. Yay, you paid the lobbyists salary and gave him money to bribe politicians to vote a certain way. Now what? What about next session? What about when Bloomberg comes along with a dump truck full of hundred dollar bills? Are we going to spend the rest of eternity trying to put out legislative fires until we get outspent and lose our 2A rights anyway? You're just postponing the inevitable.

The only way to secure our future is through training and education, building up interest and awareness of our rights, and getting people out shooting. That's why I think RWVA's Appleseed is the greatest thing ever. If you want to give your money away, I suggest sending it to them. Those guys are doing more to protect our rights than any other 2A organization out there.

Do they shoot AR15's at Appleseed events? If so, would they be shooting them if the previous AWB hadn't lapsed?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Uhh.....sorry....that was sarcasm. Sorry you missed it. Guess you didn't read the entire post and all the pages. Don't worry, I don't send the Negotiated Rights Association any money......

Lynx

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Lobbying = Begging

The question then is why beg? And beg of whom? If one thinks about the act of begging, it is of someone in a weak position appealing to one in a strong position. The person who holds the strong position has a mastery over the weaker. When one applies for a permit or license, one engages in beggary, essentially begging the masters to allow something to occur. The master may or may not grant the priviledge. Pay a fee and then the begging may result in the desired outcome. But at the same time that one is begging, the act itself shows no mastery or ownership.

lee1000

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the type of complacency that got us first AWB. We cannot afford to be this naive.

The NRA lobbies because POS like Bloomberg, The Brady Campaign, Moms Demand Action, The Violence Policy Center and CSGV lobby. They were lobbying before the NRA was, the NRA ILA formed to prevent them from gaining traction.

It is the gun banners who are arguing from the weaker position and you can thank the NRA and SAF for that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Lynx

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A much simpler solution is for all those who view infringements on natural freedoms is to just say no. Lobbying the government to gain favor for a position concedes servitude. Freemen don't beg, not even of God himself. All very amuzing. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom