RIA vs SA 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish this thread had been around a few years ago before I spent so much on mine. I could have bought a RIA Tactical and had almost the same thing!

i68.photobucket.com_albums_i37_bkoenke_AI_20Colt_20Commander_koenke11.jpg

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's all about what you expect out of the gun. The RIA is probably not the better quality of the two guns but it will defintely give you several thousand rounds of problem free service. My first step into the 1911 arena was a cheap 1911 9mm, the gun's accuracy exceeds my capabilities and it still runs fine after 3000+ rounds. Do I expect to run 50,000 rounds? Absolutely not, but I don't have much invested in it either, and like my $1200 television if it starts being troublesome I'll just discard it and replace it.

As far as reliability, I would definitely trust my life to my RIA, it has proven itself.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And to stir the pot more what is to be said about the RIA Match? I have read many reviews about it from the 1911 forums and they seem to hold high marks, but here's the thing it has an MSRP of $875 but of course like everything else sells in the shops for less, I managed to get mine for $575. I have picked up an messed with the low end RIA's and my match is made so much better, granted its no SA or other high ends but I think the extra time the RI custom shop takes to hand fit the slide and frame, setting up the trigger, etc.. shows and shows well. I am a firm believer in you get what you paid for and as others have said I won't be competing with it or running thousands of rounds through it per year, but as a range plonker and a nightstand gun I completely trust that it will work.

Opinions are just that, opinions don't count for as much as your own personal experience with said firearms.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well IF people were allowed to have their own opinion and not get **** on for expressing it, these threads wouldn't drag on like they do. JMHO.

Last edited:

BobbyJuice

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
haha didn't expect this kind of response, but honestly ive read through every post and thought about things. as far as my expected usage, i will probably put near 2k rounds through the gun. my other guns will take the brunt of my range time. ive had nothing but a good experience with my springfield xd and im sure if i get an ria, from what ive read it would probably be a nice time as well. but beast hit it right on the head which helped me make a decision. anything valuable ive purchased thats not name brand ive always sold and purchased the name brand product. so id rather not beat around the bush and will be purchasing a springfield range officer or higher model. all depending on how much of a bonus i get from work in a few weeks :) thanks for your input guys.

Latest posts

Top Bottom