School me on lever action cartridges.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
pre 64 Winchester model 94 for rifle calibers like 30-30

winchester 1873 (they're being made again) for pistol/carbine calibers. They're now being made by Miroku out of Japan but are getting lots of good reviews by competitors. It'd the next rifle on my list.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I've been doing some real intense searching, and I think I've settled on a Rossi Rio Grande in 30-30. I don't much like Henry Repeating Arms price for theirs, or the loading system, and while the Mossberg 464 is a good price and easy on the eyes, I've been hearing about constant problems with them, such as the extractors being exceptionally brittle.

I like the stainless, however, for hunting and such I think it may be a bit silly to be dragging a blinged out rifle. Thoughts? I was considering getting ghost rings and a scout scope setup for the rifle, but then stainless will complicate the idea due to the fact that I must have matching accessories.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand these are Marlins and not the correct calibers, but this is about the look I'm going for.

image.jpg

image.jpg

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I married the 06 when I bought an M1 Garand. Ever since, I've been looking for other guns in that caliber, and I have a weak spot for lever actions. Never thought i'd be able to get one in 06. I stoked!

We are in the same boat now. The 06 is my go to caliber.

You guys would love my O/U combo gun. 12gauge on top 30.06 on bottom

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Been looking for one of those combo guns forever. The ones I see at gun shows are relics to hang on the wall.
How accurate is the rifle?

Mines a baikal mp94. They still make them and the 06 version was the most common (308 the rarest). I think I paid $400
For it 2 years ago. Just looked on gunbroker and can't find them, so they may have been a casualty of the Russian embargo.
More accurate than I am. I was consistently hitting a 7 inch plate at 175yrds and a man size target closer to 225 with iron sights. It could easily take a scope rail, but with the shotgun barrel on top I don't know how well it would stay true.

Latest posts

Top Bottom