School me on quality red dots,,,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never had an issue with mine, but I haven't had to use it emergently in the dark yet, thankfully.
During the day it’s fine, but I wanted to check it out in the dark and in my closet I couldn’t find the dot at all. In the garage I could only find it if I stood very still and it was just a barely perceptible pin prick of red. Luckily the Hellcat that it’s on has a front night sight.

You should check yours out if it’s on a carry gun.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
During the day it’s fine, but I wanted to check it out in the dark and in my closet I couldn’t find the dot at all. In the garage I could only find it if I stood very still and it was just a barely perceptible pin prick of red. Luckily the Hellcat that it’s on has a front night sight.

You should check yours out if it’s on a carry gun.
I consider it a carry gun, but have yet to carry it. I just don't go many places other than healthcare appointments and you can't carry in a hospital.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I consider it a carry gun, but have yet to carry it. I just don't go many places other than healthcare appointments and you can't carry in a hospital.
u can carry if they dont have metal detectors, just get a man bag, sling it over your shoulder...then go get your HC appointment..

twiceassigned

Marksman
Reaction score
Thanks for this discussion!
I keep wondering the same stuff. I have had some hollowing 507s and I like the solar backup but really want to try Trijicon. Made in USA sounds smarter but it’s hard to fill that price gap.

Wojownik

Marksman
Reaction score
I have a couple of Holosun 507c’s that I like well enough. One is on an AK and one is on an AR.

I have a Holosun 507k that I bought for my G48 MOS but decided I didn’t want to carry it with the red dot, so I took it off and it’s just sitting on the shelf.

I also have some Trijicon RMR’s. A couple of them are on pistols that I don’t EDC and a couple are mounted on ACOG’s.

I like both Holosun and Trijicon, can’t go wrong with either really. My Holosun’s have a chevron and the Trijicon’s have a dot. I like the chevron for what they’re mounted on and the dot for what they are mounted on.

Haven’t needed to use either but from what I’ve heard and read, Holosun has better customer service and definitely has a better warranty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom