Scope for a .22 rifle???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdlong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
made full circle back in the kiamichi mountains in
i love it. i haven't had to touch it since i put it on.really clear. i like the bigger scope for squirrel hunting helps me see them easier in the trees. now that little henry shoots like a dream. i can actually put 10 in a spot smaller than a dime at 50 yds with it of course with the scope. i can't use sights anymore unless i go get some specs to see with.pay a little more and get some good optics you will be alot happer in the long run.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i use to say theres no way i'll ever shoot with a scope.now it's the only way i can shoot a rifle.

That's funny. I used to say the same thing. I could hit a squirrel in the eye with my little Remington pump when I was a kid. Now I can't even see a squirrel at 50 yds. Hooray for scopes.

Sentenza

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the parallax setting on a scope is 100 yards is it okay for a .22? Or should I look for one with a parallax setting of 50 yards? The reason I'm asking is that SWFA has the Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 on sale for $100 but its parallax setting is 100 yards while the rimfire version with a fixed 4x32 is the same price but has a parallax setting of 50 yards.

Sorry to sound so dumb. I've never used a scope on any of my rifles but I recently got my hands on a beautiful circa 1940s era Winchester Model 75 target model that I'd like to refurbish and put a scope on. Should I go with the rimfire model with 4x32 or the 3-9x40 at the same price?

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm no scope expert, but I know that there is more than one model of Nikon ProStaff 3-9x40. One of them is specifically for rimfire.

I went to Academy today to get one for $99.95, but they were out. They did have the non-rimfire version.

Personally, I'm interested now in a Leupold FX1 4x32 or a Leupold VX1 3-7x28. I wish I knew what the relative quality of these two is. i.e., given that they're about the same price, does that mean the glass in the fixed is better?

Any opinions?

Latest posts

Top Bottom