Show your bike thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kai

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My VTX 1300. I've added quite a few accessories and chrome since this pic was taken though...
akylestauffer.com_stuff_bike_71BU8275.jpg

akylestauffer.com_stuff_bike_71BU8277.jpg

akylestauffer.com_stuff_bike_71BU8279.jpg

BobAsh

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Very comfortable. I've taken it out on 800 mile weekends several times. Some of my friends have Shadows and the VTX is way ahead of them in many ways, particularly fit & finish.

It's a big bike, 8' long and 800 lbs. That equates to very smooth highway performance. Of course it costs you in gas mileage...about 45 mpg.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I'll be getting one one of these days. That was my one question that I can't get from reading about them or sitting on one.

45 mpg ain't bad for a Hot Rod in my book! I only got about 52-53 on my 750, and sacrificed a lot in power and comfort.

I'd probably try for one soon, but right now my wife and I ride together to work, and she doesn't want to ride in on a motorcycle. :anyone:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
It's a hotrod for sure. Not up to the "cafe racer" standards I'm sure, but it's got SERIOUS low-end grunt, and pulls hella strong to well in excess of 100 mph, which is as fast as an old guy like me cares to go.

Too much for me too. I chickened at 105 on mine, it started getting floaty then.

Latest posts

Top Bottom