SHTF tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder how much weight they will handle? would they handle being buried and if not what would it take to make them where they could?
Found a site that says if a 22LR is fired at a angle at it it will deflect it but if it is fired strait on it will penetrate.

Ahhhh ... I was wondering about that ... So, if been has one of these and 250 gallons of water, I can still "take him" with my .22?? :wink2: That's good to know ... I'm gonna need some slave labor when the time comes ... :rollingla

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ahhhh ... I was wondering about that ... So, if been has one of these and 250 gallons of water, I can still "take him" with my .22?? :wink2: That's good to know ... I'm gonna need some slave labor when the time comes ... :rollingla

Good luck. Im not going to have a tent...well atleast not this big. Imma be on the move constantly.

sfeisal

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
on top of the water, electricity may be a HUGE issue. especially in a crisis deployment scenario mentioned in the video. better design would involve a rip cord to create thermal reaction to inflate (e.g. air bags) and then a way to install some type of structure frame (a la a true tent). I'm a lawyer, but not a patent lawyer...any IP lawyers on here that want in on this action?!?!LOL

OKC9-12LEDR1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I checked out their website, didn't see any obvious pricing so I contacted the company. Although this would have it's advantages as an emergency shelter, the price is just a wee bit prohibitive, not including freight from the UK to the US, price range is $20,000 to $30,000 each. Better start saving your pennies Been.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
on top of the water, electricity may be a HUGE issue. especially in a crisis deployment scenario mentioned in the video. better design would involve a rip cord to create thermal reaction to inflate (e.g. air bags) and then a way to install some type of structure frame (a la a true tent). I'm a lawyer, but not a patent lawyer...any IP lawyers on here that want in on this action?!?!LOL

You know, that's not a bad idea on the surface. Since we're obviously not concerned with "boo-lit-proofness" I wonder if they could construct the tent with loops at the corners to insert rigging into, you know, like regular tents have. Then, if you wanted a more "solid" structure, offer an "inside rigging" that you could use to reinforce it (as an option) after you open up the doors and let out the air holding it up for the initial rigging to be put in place? :scratch:

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I checked out their website, didn't see any obvious pricing so I contacted the company. Although this would have it's advantages as an emergency shelter, the price is just a wee bit prohibitive, not including freight from the UK to the US, price range is $20,000 to $30,000 each. Better start saving your pennies Been.

Did you check with their US distributor or just the UK?

Belthos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen something like this before, it was developed with an eye to air dropping them into disaster areas and use by the military.
You'd need an airplane or a truck to move them.
You could use one to make a retreat in the hills, if you had access to enough water.

I doubt very much that it could support being buried underground, I think the walls are too thin even made of concrete to support tons of earth.

It would be much cheaper to rent or hire someone to dig out a pit and put one or more shipping containers underground. They are designed to hold up to being stacked fully loaded onto ocean going ships to get them overseas. You can buy them all day long for under $3000 and sometimes for half that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom