Student Loan (Repayment)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you for it during this 39 year inflation high?

• Yes

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • Not sure what to think about it.

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spend 12 days in covid unit with them like I did, nurses need help

I believe they have been compensated for their duties but you are obviously passionate about this position so I think we should just agree to disagree.

I just think people should get an education on their own dime and if they borrow money to get one, pay back the darn loan. Your career has nothing to do with being 'owed' to have your debts paid. There are far more dangerous jobs out there than nursing and they still have to pay back their loans.

If that was the norm, what about the nurse who paid off their student loans by working OT or a second job? That isn't fair for them.

My son went to a major school in this state and he did so without student loans. Why should his peers who racked up student debt get a multi-tens of thousands of dollar gift from Brandon while he made different life choices and stayed debt free? This is the big fallacy of eliminating student loans. That and the fact that they are not changing anything by eliminating the loans. What about the system would be done to prevent this crime from happening again? That answer is: "nothing". Which means we will be back in the same situation next year with new students.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am all for folks to pay off their student loans if they borrowed money to go to school.
They should have learned this process in economics class.

I got paid to go to college. So I have no experience with student loans or paying them off.
But any other time I have borrowed money for something, I have paid off that loan as soon as I was able to.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every tax paying household now owes about $250,000 for their part of the debt. If student loans debt is paid off, that will add another $25,000 per household. At some point the dollar will be worth nothing. Oh, and to help collect on that debt, buydin has asked for 80,000 more IRS agents to harass small business and lower income earners.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
correct. the gubment has been monetizing the debt for a long time. every dollar printed lessons the value of the already existing dollars. but this works hard against the citizen because the dollar you earned yesterday is worth less today.

Latest posts

Top Bottom