Tactical rifle ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TulsaGeoff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Huge fan of the M&P 15-22. The basic version should be around that price. Sig Sauer makes a good one too. I like the M&P because it has the same controls as an AR and even uses an AR trigger so you can get aftermarket ones.

Stay away from the mossberg AR 22. I've heard its two halves glued together.

Darva

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stay away from the mossberg AR 22. I've heard its two halves glued together.
Shot one of the Mossberg AR .22's this last weekend, a friend of mine brought it out to my land. And boy it was a pile of ****. Mags say they can hold 25 rds but you can only fit 12 in there if you're lucky. It jammed up and had trouble cycling multiple times.I gave up on shooting it and handed it to him so I could get back to chopping wood.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've owned the M&P AR15 .22 and now have three of the Sig 522's. I have one in a 20 inch heavy barrel that I had threaded for a SWR Warlock. It has a Nikon 3x4x40mm scope with the BDC reticle. It's zero at 50 meters with standard ammo. I use the first ring down when firing subsonics at 50 meters and it's dead on. It's one of the most fun guns I have. The M&P's are nice but,I like the Sigs better.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a savage bolt action with a heavy barrel, threaded for a suppressor. It is a tack driver!! I love to shoot it! Put a bipod on it and a BSA sweet 22 scope and you have a great little tactical 22 that will out shoot most any 22 out there in your price range.

Latest posts

Top Bottom