Thank you to the OHP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, but there are plenty of places on this planet with high or no speed limits at all, including a couple right here on the mainland. Accidents on those roads are either very low or never happen. I can understand limits on city streets and such, but I-40 and other interstates should either have no limit or at the least 80.

I wouldn't be thanking the guy for giving me a warning, I would be angry for him wasting my time in the first place!

Just remember this arrogant, ignorant, uneducated attitude/statement when you get that knock at 3am saying your loved one was just killed by a reckless driver.

Speed kills, plain and simple.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll give you that. The roads here are terrible. Obama could spend all of his infrastructure stimulus money here in Oklahoma and the roads would probably still not be as nice as Arkansas or Missouri. Crossing into Arkansas is like going from a dirt road to a brand new highway.

None of that ever stopped me from doing 95 in a 65 all the way from Coalgate to Poteau coming home from roughnecking, though. Would've probably drove faster if my truck didn't shut down.

Actions such as this would make someone IMO have jerkish and selfish driving habits. Glad you didn't kill yourself or someone else. I moved to OK from TX because I wanted to LiVE slower, no hurt by those that drive like they're in Texas.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actions such as this would make someone IMO have jerkish and selfish driving habits. Glad you didn't kill yourself or someone else. I moved to OK from TX because I wanted to LiVE slower, no hurt by those that drive like they're in Texas.
There you go.

Why is everyone in such a hurry?

I agree with Jay Leno. "I enjoy driving. It's not just about getting somewhere. "

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As for the first person who tried to limit speeds, you'll have to go WAAAAYYY back. I think it was President Rutherford B. Hayes who got a speeding ticket in D.C. because his horse carriage was driving too fast.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow some people, you get on here admitting to doing 15 over the limit and brag about getting just a warning, be glad I didn't pull you over because now I would be hunting you down and finding a reason to write you a ticket.

Enforcement of laws should be applied equitably, cops and wanna be cops should get the same ticket everyone else gets.

That being said I seem to be one of those guys who has good luck at traffic stops.

I'll shut up now before I go for a ride on the bike and wind up ticketed not just warned next time I am busted going plaid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom