Thank you to the OHP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll give you that. The roads here are terrible. Obama could spend all of his infrastructure stimulus money here in Oklahoma and the roads would probably still not be as nice as Arkansas or Missouri. Crossing into Arkansas is like going from a dirt road to a brand new highway.

None of that ever stopped me from doing 95 in a 65 all the way from Coalgate to Poteau coming home from roughnecking, though. Would've probably drove faster if my truck didn't shut down.

95 in a 65. I love writing those tickets. Insurance companies love it.

Your truck shut down cause it was trying to tell you something.

OkieOFT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I guess I didn't realize that there are exceptions to the basic speed laws (except for LEO related ones)....

You'll have to show me where it gives those "OK" circumstances...

Well around here it's anytime a cop wants a doughnut or a cup of coffee. Sooo damn tired of being passed like i'm not even moving by cops, seeing them 5 minutes later at the local cop-friendly convinence store, then getting pulled over by the same guy 15 minutes later for doing 10 over.

Apparently it's okay for some cop that had a week of driving lessons to speed but not someone that races Auto X and drag racing events all the time as a hobby and a passion.

OkieOFT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Oh and since we're thanking OHP here much thanks to the OHP officer that had a car stopped on Old Wister Highway here outside of Poteau. Your spotlight was so bright that myself and three other cars had to slow down to 5mph just to see where we were going. Should have put my car off in a ditch and blamed it on you, but i'm sure you would find some way to weasel out of any liability, despite endangering public safety, probably moreso than the speeding car you just had to pull over on a rural road that you probably shouldn't be patroling in the first place.

I would have loved to pulled over and gave the guy a piece of my mind, but i'm sure he would have shot me or thrown me in jail (Whoop de doo worked there for 2 years jackhole) for obstructing justice or something stupid.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I didn't realize that there are exceptions to the basic speed laws (except for LEO related ones)....

You'll have to show me where it gives those "OK" circumstances...

There are lots of circumstances. Among them, I you get a call that someone is braking into your house then you are clear to exceed the speed limit how you see fit.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Danger, I haven't heard somebody whine as much as you since the last FGST dropout.

What are you, 10, maybe 12?

Its a terrifying thought that ignoramuses share the road with us that think like you. FWIW, the public highways aren't your race track and the simple fact that you can drive in a straight line on a strip has only a little bit to do with how you drive on a poorly maintained public roadway, and I would eagerly take a week every year of ledt against a wannabe public highway drag racer.
Oh and since we're thanking OHP here much thanks to the OHP officer that had a car stopped on Old Wister Highway here outside of Poteau. Your spotlight was so bright that myself and three other cars had to slow down to 5mph just to see where we were going. Should have put my car off in a ditch and blamed it on you, but i'm sure you would find some way to weasel out of any liability, despite endangering public safety, probably moreso than the speeding car you just had to pull over on a rural road that you probably shouldn't be patroling in the first place.

I would have loved to pulled over and gave the guy a piece of my mind, but i'm sure he would have shot me or thrown me in jail (Whoop de doo worked there for 2 years jackhole) for obstructing justice or something stupid.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
To the OP, hope you never do undercover work. Why on earth would you blab the trooper's name? He did you a favor, cut you a break, and you just can't wait to tell everyone..... Sometimes there is a lot to be said for not saying anything.

To OkieOFT....why are you so angry with LEOs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom