This SUCKS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hospice will come to your home, if you have him brought there. A lot of families choose this route. There are also private pay "sitters" who will assist with his care, and they are more affordable than nursing homes.
We have mom at home.
Hospice nurse comes mon & thurs. Nurse aid comes tues& fri to give sponge bath.
Just watch the meds! They put her on fentenal for a back injury and that turned her into a zombie. I take care of her and my dad 4 days a week. My bro and sis do the other days

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure you are too far away for me to come and help. I have zero experience but if you were close enough I would come assist in doing any bed side care.I worked at a veterans center for 11 years as a janitor and laundry worker but observed many nurse aides in their daily routine. Prayers for you Brother.

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was the nursing home staff (nurses) that led us to believe he was better than reality, we just got hospice involved today so hopefully they are more forthcoming with information.
They said hes in a room with a window and we could come see him through it and they can roll his bed closer... Really?
Dads gonna die alone and it breaks my soul to know this.

Hate that for you. $#@&#@%ing covid has been so hard on everyone especially the elderly who desperately need their family

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure you are too far away for me to come and help. I have zero experience but if you were close enough I would come assist in doing any bed side care.I worked at a veterans center for 11 years as a janitor and laundry worker but observed many nurse aides in their daily routine. Prayers for you Brother.
Wow, thats awesome of you.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm arguing right now with my older brother (the Golden Child, im the blacksheep) and hes telling me it would do more harm to move him. Really? How can it do more harm when he's days away from meeting God. He's telling me the psychological effect of dad dying in my house would be bad, really?! I'm already clinically bat sheet crazy so I think I can handle this.
They started dad on IV fluids because he refuses to drink and they called and said he's pulling his IV out so what should we do?
I said LEAVE HIM ALONE, he wants nothing that will keep him alive so keep him comfortable only.
Ironic, the black sheep kid is the only one who wants to see his dad die with his dignity...SMFH

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I am sorry your having to go through this Clay, my thoughts are with you. Sometimes you get smacked in the face with what some folks are going through dealing with the Covid.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am sorry your having to go through this Clay, my thoughts are with you. Sometimes you get smacked in the face with what some folks are going through dealing with the Covid.
I've been through a lot the last 5 years, divorce kicked it off, then I had to liquidate my homestead I had put all blood sweat and tears into. 3 very near death health issues back to back and a massive surgery thst turned thing back around. So I'm a pretty tough ol boy but this is definitely new, and I understand cemetery what its like to want to die.
I appreciate all the kind words. I just hate it for dad to die this way.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just spent weeks trying to care for my wife’s grandmother during her last days, that ended a week ago. It’s freaking hard and my is wife experienced as she did exactly that job for 26 years as a nurse. With covid involved, that just makes everything much, much harder at home. While I get where you are coming from, it will be much harder than you imagine doing end of life care. Especially when you get covid.

my 96 year old grandma somehow made it through covid alive in a nursing home (baptist village in okc). We thought for sure she wouldn’t make it through it, and the thought of her dying without family around bothered all of us. But the nursing home is actually equipped to deal with such things. My family has many members in the medical field, caring for her at home was never a good, much less the best option. Just the safety cautions alone are tough, even if you can get the right equipment.

Best of luck to you. It’s a horrible situation to be in. I’ve been in it too many times this year. Lost 3 people so far to covid, 4 others to other illnesses. It just sucks.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just spent weeks trying to care for my wife’s grandmother during her last days, that ended a week ago. It’s freaking hard and my is wife experienced as she did exactly that job for 26 years as a nurse. With covid involved, that just makes everything much, much harder at home. While I get where you are coming from, it will be much harder than you imagine doing end of life care. Especially when you get covid.

my 96 year old grandma somehow made it through covid alive in a nursing home (baptist village in okc). We thought for sure she wouldn’t make it through it, and the thought of her dying without family around bothered all of us. But the nursing home is actually equipped to deal with such things. My family has many members in the medical field, caring for her at home was never a good, much less the best option. Just the safety cautions alone are tough, even if you can get the right equipment.

Best of luck to you. It’s a horrible situation to be in. I’ve been in it too many times this year. Lost 3 people so far to covid, 4 others to other illnesses. It just sucks.
Wow I'm sorry to hear of your situations.
Dad isn't eating or drinking, can't get out of bed either so I really don't see how it will be solid 24/7 work on anyone. How long can a man live without fluids? A weeks tops? I dont know but I know its days and not weeks. So it would be a short term stay before he journeys off. I can handle a week in hell, I've already been there for much longer.
I want to do this for my dad and myself also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom