To disclose or not to disclose

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cops are Humans. Like all Humans they express opinions & frustrations. Don't confuse their verbiage with their official acts. Sometimes, although it may not come out exactly that way, what the officer really meant to say was "I wish you would have informed me that you have a CCW." Their legal advice can also be wrong. Ignore it. Their opinions really don't matter until they are putting cuffs on you.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess one good thing about having a non-resident permit from another state rather than an Oklahoma CCL is that the cops here can't see whether you have a permit or not when they run your name/DL through their computer system.

E

Echo4Whiskey

I'm agree with Preacherman I have also heard it can allow an officer to relax a little and even let you go with a warning in certain cases that they might have written you a ticket. A possible get out of a ticket card. I think it's worth a try.

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess one good thing about having a non-resident permit from another state rather than an Oklahoma CCL is that the cops here can't see whether you have a permit or not when they run your name/DL through their computer system.

Makes it hard for the State of Oklahoma to revoke that license too. Kind of a checks-and-balance on a state's power. Which may be foolhardy to openly discuss here. It could fuel some Lefty's agenda.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Makes it hard for the State of Oklahoma to revoke that license too. Kind of a checks-and-balance on a state's power. Which may be foolhardy to openly discuss here. It could fuel some Lefty's agenda.
There has already been discussions on making carry permits like car tags. If you reside in this State you must have a permit issued by this State. Not sure if they are getting anywhere on it.

Michael

Latest posts

Top Bottom