Tooth ache

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pollen is high, could be allergies. I have had that happen, and my mother in law went to dentist this week for a toothache, impacted sinuses was the culprit, not her tooth. Dentist referred her to an ENT.
I hope that is case with me. However, at times, if I chew food on the right side the pain increases.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reminds me of conversation with MIL. Her tooth hurt. Not enough time to go in. Pain not so bad. I will get around to it.

Doc said she was lucky. He extracted three teeth that day, the infection spread and took out the adjoining teeth.

She swears I did not say to go in quickly.

Glenee

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The pain has subsided, only aches sometimes. I'll be at the dentists on the 25th.
Please keep taking the Ibuprofen. It is a anti inflammatory and will help with the swelling. Since you dead set on waiting till the 25th you need to keep the swelling down. I understand I did this for a week till my extractions. I was scared he wouldn't pull them if the were swelled and I wanted them out of there.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
May sound strange but it's true... On your left hand ring finger, there is a place below the largest knuckle that will hurt like hell if you squeeze it hard enough. Squeeze the place 3 to 4 minutes and you'll be amazed at how much better your tooth ache feels!!

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Something odd happened two weeks ago. I called the local dentist office to setup an appointment. One of the options was to push 1 if you were a new customer. I selected 1 and spoke to a person that setup my appointment. Little did I know that it was a switchboard for new customers that didn't tell me I was making an appointment to place 40 miles away instead of the one just little over a mile away. Talk about a shazam moment. I had to cancel that one and make another one to another place that is close by. It's not until July 25th now. Fortunately, I have no more pain and think I'll live until then. It would have been nice if the original dentist office would have made it clear at the beginning that I was not scheduled at the place closest to me.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do not ignore a "little" tooth abscess, as it will become a more expensive, much more painful and pointentially dangerous big abscess. My long time dentist office gave me the ho-humm and would not prescribe an antibiotic until they would see me in about a week. That should have been a cue to quickly go elsewhere. The practice had been sold to a new dentist a couple years previous and I had met him. The same dentist had previsously prescribed an antibiotic so it wasn't anything new. A couple calls later in the week to ask about an antibiotic before the appointment, I was put on "ignore". At the end of the week, when finally in the dentist office, I was really in pain. Dentist says "you have an abscess, take this antibiotic script and go away for 10 days." By then, the standard script he gave me wasn't up to handling the abscess. Ten days later and dentist says "can't work on you today, as abscess is still present". No offer by dentist at any point for a strong pain killer as I was REALLY hurting. Got up and left that dentist office for good. Quickly found a competent dentist that cares about his patients.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Something odd happened two weeks ago. I called the local dentist office to setup an appointment. One of the options was to push 1 if you were a new customer. I selected 1 and spoke to a person that setup my appointment. Little did I know that it was a switchboard for new customers that didn't tell me I was making an appointment to place 40 miles away instead of the one just little over a mile away. Talk about a shazam moment. I had to cancel that one and make another one to another place that is close by. It's not until July 25th now. Fortunately, I have no more pain and think I'll live until then. It would have been nice if the original dentist office would have made it clear at the beginning that I was not scheduled at the place closest to me.
If it was me, I would have driven the 40 miles. It’s a small price to pay to avoid a potential disaster. It’s all risk vs reward. The reward is saving 2 hrs of drive time? The risk is possible serious/deadly medical illness.
If the reward was 100k, I’d think about the delay maybe. 2 hrs? Not so much. Good luck.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom