Trail Cam Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a Browning pic. Notice how clear it is:

Clear for sure but I hope she’s nursing. Looking a little thin with noticeable ribs, etc

Like wise here’s a clear pic this morning from my other Tactacam Gen 2.0

Attachments

• IMG_5135.jpeg
    IMG_5135.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 0

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought some Wildgame Innovation cameras a few weeks ago. Their site had a buy one, get two free deal. Can't beat that.

I put them out to see how they look and they were pretty decent for $35 each after the discount. I don't like W.I. cameras due to them attracting ants like crazy but for this cheap, I deal with ants.

Here is an example:
53929730720_941daa0b57_o.jpg

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cleaned the seal but did not put anything on it. I would think the vaseline/dieletric grease would tend to attrach dust, etc...thereby degrading the seal.
It works well. It helps to create a vapor barrier seal. You can try it or you don't have to. It is no skin off my back. Its not clobbered on there like caulking on shower stall. You just want a thin film on the seal that is covered up when the camera is closed up.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 2 Tactacams now my first X Pro I’ve had for 18 months is on its way back to Reveal because of daily internal condensation issues causing cloudy pics. I don’t know if it’s an issue with this camera or this model. My other camera is an X Gen 2.0 and has never hadgg V this problem.
I have three Tactacams. Two have worked great for three years, and the other one started getting cloudy pics even during the day.
One day I saw what looked like the leg of a spider, so went to retrieve it, finding no spider web on the outside.
As far as I can tell, some tiny spider must have got into the SD card slot while changing batteries or something and made a home inside the outer lens. I can see it.
It's long out of warranty, so It's sitting on my bench at home while a new X pro that doesn't need an SD card nor a SIM card is making its way to my home.
When it gets there, I'll have to call Tactacam and see how to transfer the service from the old one to this new cam.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought some Wildgame Innovation cameras a few weeks ago. Their site had a buy one, get two free deal. Can't beat that.

I put them out to see how they look and they were pretty decent for $35 each after the discount. I don't like W.I. cameras due to them attracting ants like crazy but for this cheap, I deal with ants.

Here is an example:
View attachment 505722
I had 2 of the older W.I. cameras and they lasted 5-6 years with no issues. Bought several newer cameras in the last 2-3 years and they didn't make it through a season.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had 2 of the older W.I. cameras and they lasted 5-6 years with no issues. Bought several newer cameras in the last 2-3 years and they didn't make it through a season.
I have one that my neighbor gave me about that long ago, new in box. It is along an interior road and sits mostly in the sun. It keeps chugging along without any issues at all. The pictures are small and for some reason this is the only camera I have that ants are attracted to, but it keeps working.

Best camera I have for the price, considering I paid $0 for it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom