Tri-City Gun Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sigsilly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
North of the Red River, South of the Cimarron
Love Tri-City...great place to shoot

Yes it is, primarily because of the folks there. I don't how many times I've gone out there and ended up meeting new friends.
Far more often than not.
OKC Gun Club has some really fine folks too.
It just seems you run into more friendly folks at TriCity than you do OKC.

BigD52

New to the site!
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
This gun club is the cheapest in the state. Most of them are $150 or more per year. We are a small club in area of shooting, but are doing all we can to improve it every year.
There are dark forces at work trying to stop that progression, but hopefully the current people in charge will be able to continue with the good work they have done.

oksmle

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The single biggest problem we have at Tri-City is space. First, we are located in a "flood plain" which limits the type of structures that can be built, & the location of those structures. Second, is that each range has to accomodate several different types of shooting. The reason our benches on the 200 yard range are so far apart is to allow for position shooting in between the benches. If we had the range set up only for bench rest matches they could be closer together like OKC. So instead of having 20/25 benches, we only have 15. The same applies to the 100 yard berm. It has to accomodate IHMSA & other types of shooting. The poor guys shooting IPSC really had a difficult time. They sometimes have to go behind the 100 yard berm to do their matches. Then we have both skeet & trap ranges which have to share the same space. I think the only range that dosen't have to do double, or even triple duty, is the archery course. We would love to extend the 200 yard berm out to 500 yards, but it will not happen in the forseeable future. The 200 yard berm sets almost on our south property line. So it isn't going to be moved. We can move the firing line back about 100 yards to give us a 300 yard range, but then the parking lot would be destroyed along with the trap range. And the firing line would be setting in a swamp.
One of the most important, & unsung jobs, in our club is that of the Range Scheduler. He has to coordinate all the formal shooting on all the ranges a year in advance. And one of his main jobs is to get the "wish list dates" from each of the different match directors in January for the entire year.
Remember, even though we have been in existence since 1974, we have only owned the range since 1993. At that time we only had about 250/300 members & not much money to do anything with. We couldn't do much with the range anyway because of the provisions in our lease. Now we number about 1000 members & finally have the income to make improvements. They're being done slowly, but surely.
As has been stated in prevoius posts, we're a pretty friendly bunch of folks. Come on down & try us on for size. Some folks we fit & some we don't.

Dick Simmons

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone else freeze their butt off renewing their membership tonight?

Yes I did. I stuck next to the heater as long as possible. I got stuck in the back of the line because I had offered to help with the process after the review of the rules. When I went in there after the review, there was nothing for me to do so I sat outside at the end of the line.

Latest posts

Top Bottom