Trump is a fascist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the freedom of religion idea stops when that religion is the driving force behind another civilization's assimilation or non-existence. Protecting ideologies that want to do us and other undo harm, does not appear to be a smart approach to all of this.
The Madd Skillz that I knew was a strict constitutionalist, uber alles.

Who are you and what have you done with the real MS?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who's suggesting that? I can guarantee that I've done more in my lifetime to protect this country than you have, so shut your mouth about "sitting on your ass".

There's a lot of actionable middle ground in between targeting people based solely on religion and instituting reasonable measures that keep the balance of liberty and security.

GTG, I'm absolutely in support of shutting down any radical church or mosque providing the investigation, search and seizure is based on lawful and Constitutional standards...not religious based witch hunts.

Agreed. We don't need no "Patriot" Act to do it correctly either. :(

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The Madd Skillz that I knew was a strict constitutionalist, uber alles.

Who are you and what have you done with the real MS?

I'm always trying to learn. I used to think I had arrived but that was naive and once I realized that, I started learning again. Who I am now is really just a product or culmination of experiences and circumstances from which I've drawn and learned. The Constitution is pretty awesome but I don't think anything is perfect and I do think some things can be refined to be more specific and relevant for our present day troubles.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm always trying to learn. I used to think I had arrived but that was naive and once I realized that, I started learning again. Who I am now is really just a product or culmination of experiences and circumstances from which I've drawn and learned. The Constitution is pretty awesome but I don't think anything is perfect and I do think some things can be refined to be more specific and relevant for our present day troubles.
Well, there are mechanisms to amend the constitution and "make it better".
The 1st amendment could be modified if a compelling case can be made to enough people.
I don't think ignoring it or violating it improves it any though, even if it is a group that is out of favor with the majority.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, there are mechanisms to amend the constitution and "make it better".
The 1st amendment could be modified if a compelling case can be made to enough people.
I don't think ignoring it or violating it improves it any though, even if it is a group that is out of favor with the majority.

Yeah, I can respect all of that.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A point worth mentioning here:

Trump is NOT talking about excluding only the Muslim refugees.
He is talking about excluding ALL Muslims, including tourists, visiting family members, students, and businessmen.

Presumably he would make exceptions for Muslim members of our armed services who are deployed overseas when they return but he hasn't actually come out and said that as far as I iknow.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Presumably he would make exceptions for Muslim members of our armed services who are deployed overseas when they return but he hasn't actually come out and said that as far as I iknow.

This is Trump we're talking about. He would ban a mother from joining her infant child. For safety, dontcha know.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is Trump we're talking about. He would ban a mother from joining her infant child. For safety, dontcha know.
I don't think Trump means any of this.
A few weeks ago he was saying we had responsibility to take some of the refugees in.

He manufactures controversies to stir the pot and focus the spotlight on him.
It's the red meat he throws out to the base but it shouldn't be taken seriously.

I don't know if you've noticed or not, but Trump is a pompous blowhard. :)

Last edited:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think Trump means any of this.
A few weeks ago he was saying we had responsibility to take some of the refugees in.

He manufactures controversies to stir the pot and focus the spotlight on him.
It's the red meat he throws out to the base but it shouldn't be taken seriously.

I don't know if you've noticed or not, but Trump is a pompous blowhard. :)

Yup, and that base is lapping it up. Just today, a fellow retired SNCO friend of mine, who I regarded as one of the more rational and thoughtful patriots over the years, reposted a picture on facebook of an "ISIS rally" in Dearborne Michigan. The photo was captioned "ISIS Flags in Dearborne!". Problem is, there were no ISIS flags in the picture and the photos were from an anti ISIS rally being held by Muslim Americans, you know the kind of sh$t people have been claiming isn't happening.

Otherwise rational adults are absolutely losing their calm over this...and looking like hypocrites or fools..

Latest posts

Top Bottom