Unexpected phone call

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A few weeks ago, I went to USAJobs.gov (since I'm now officially separated from Active Duty) and submitted a resume to the FBI, never expecting any type of response. It's one of those "dreams" that I figured wouldn't actually ever happen but that's kind of like the lottery in the fact that you can't win if you don't play. Since the price of a "ticket" in this instance was free (it only took a half hour to apply and submit a resume), I went ahead and threw my hat in the ring.

Yesterday afternoon, I got a call from a recruiter saying that I would be invited to Phase 1 testing, the first step in a long and demanding process. I've debated it over and over in my mind since then and I'm going for it. I'd hoped to settle down here in OK (since their selection rate is lower than 15% I most likely still will) but it's the freaking FBI....how cool is that?

Thoughts?

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A few weeks ago, I went to USAJobs.gov (since I'm now officially separated from Active Duty) and submitted a resume to the FBI, never expecting any type of response. It's one of those "dreams" that I figured wouldn't actually ever happen but that's kind of like the lottery in the fact that you can't win if you don't play. Since the price of a "ticket" in this instance was free (it only took a half hour to apply and submit a resume), I went ahead and threw my hat in the ring.

Yesterday afternoon, I got a call from a recruiter saying that I would be invited to Phase 1 testing, the first step in a long and demanding process. I've debated it over and over in my mind since then and I'm going for it. I'd hoped to settle down here in OK (since their selection rate is lower than 15% I most likely still will) but it's the freaking FBI....how cool is that?

Thoughts?

Very cool Agent soonerwings. :thumbup3:

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Outstanding brother! It's gonna be a tough process, but give it all you have and we'll be calling you Special Agent Soonerwings before long!

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Thoughts?

Good luck!

A buddy and former co-worker of mine went through the process to work computer forensics. It definitely took a while for the entire thing to play through, I believe they had him going for almost a year before he was officially accepted and hired on.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the encouragement. If I make it through, I don't know if I'll be able to actually say anything about it, but just remember that Big Brother is always watching. Kidding (sort of).

Latest posts

Top Bottom