Wannamacher report - one word: Dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Myself and 2 other OSA members sold 27 guns and I personally bought 8, one of them a NIB Colt delta elite for 900.00 I think it was an overall good show.
Everyone that complains about high prices should learn how to talk to people and get the prices down for a cash deal. I price my stuff kinda high for trading purposes but will come down quite a bit for a cash deal! I agree with okcshooter that some people just like to whine and complain! Also I have an operator priced at 1400.00 and not one person ever asked me if that was a firm price or if I would come down for a cash deal??

stepper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went on a Sunday for the very first time. It wasn't near as crowded as a saturday. There were still a lot of people, but it was nice not to have to fight crowds to walk around.

I had a good time just walking around and looking. I almost bought some of those windowed pmags for $13.95, but ended up ready to leave, and didn't feel like going back and buying them. Great price though!

stepper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did get pissed with one of the vendors there. My 12 year old picked up a gold gun sitting on the table. A lady working there rudely told him to get his hands off it, and put it down. I just gave her a puzzled look, and she just stared back at me. I told my son to put it down, and we wouldn't look at any of her junk, and we walked off.

I swear, I turn around, and there was somebody else there holding the gun and waiving it around.

So, I don't know what her problem was. The guy that was holding the gun looked like a teen-ager too, so that was strange.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, I don't know what her problem was. The guy that was holding the gun looked like a teen-ager too, so that was strange.

Maybe he asked if he could pick it up, before doing so? Over the years, I've had vendors thank me for asking.

But yep, the show was very quiet on Sunday. I saw people packing up and leaving by mid-morning, and by 3 PM, a lot more had already left. Several vendors told me it was their worst experience at Wanenmacher in terms of sales. I hope that's not going to be a continuing trend, because it'd suck if the show moved elsewhere or just ceased to exist. For all the evils associated with Wanenmacher, both real and perceived, it's still a huge show and one filled with all manner of firearms from antique to the latest black stuff. Worth the price of admission, I'd say.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe he asked if he could pick it up, before doing so? Over the years, I've had vendors thank me for asking.

But yep, the show was very quiet on Sunday. I saw people packing up and leaving by mid-morning, and by 3 PM, a lot more had already left. Several vendors told me it was their worst experience at Wanenmacher in terms of sales. I hope that's not going to be a continuing trend, because it'd suck if the show moved elsewhere or just ceased to exist. For all the evils associated with Wanenmacher, both real and perceived, it's still a huge show and one filled with all manner of firearms from antique to the latest black stuff. Worth the price of admission, I'd say.

I usually try to remember to ask, even if they don't have the signs. But the one time I didn't, the guy had a teeny little black and white sign in the back corner of the table that I missed, and an awful temper. I just about dropped the $2800 1911 when he shouted at me. I was turning it over so I could see the other side. It was a stainless Caspian custom built pretty much exactly the way I wanted, too.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

My thoughts are: if you bring it to a gun show and put it on your table and don't want anyone to touch it, then get the hell out of the show and go to a museum.

Sure, I understand that there are a lot of idiots that get grab-happy and there are those that try and steal stuff, but you've got to come up with a more customer-friendly approach (a glass case where you have to ask is a good idea).

Lots of our vendors on this site aren't rude and manage to handle their customers with good rep-or - and folks have been doing it for years at W and other shows. Just seems like everyone's getting more and more gripey about it every year and it makes me walk away from the show gripey.

Latest posts

Top Bottom