Weird stuff going on out in Black Kettle???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big-triple-d

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What was the endangered species that caused them to loose use of their land?

Yes, The first is my wife's uncle his family owns several lot along lake ontario in upstate NY. The have had homes on 3 of the lots for 30 Plus years. Last summer they were going to build one of the vacant lot and DEQ came out and did a site inspection. They found 2 endangered plants near the back of the lot. They now can not do anything to the entire lot. The second is a buddy that is on a lease in eastern OK it has a tree with a eagle nest on it. The tree has a 50' in diameter fence around the base and not even the land owner can enter the enclosures. It's my understanding that if endangered species are found on your property your rights as a owner are out the window with the one exception, you still get to pay the propriety taxes.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As much as I love the outdoors and everything that lives in it, To tell someone what they can't do on their own property because of a damn plant is just wrong. At least your buddy can watch the eagle soar, but to watch a plant just don't have much excitement....

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have been out of commission (blue tongue - just kidding!) since 01/04 and i figured this thread would be dead. i was going to print out the thread and take it to the guy who told me the original BK story (he is smoking venison to become deer jerky today), but i'm still kinda out of commission. BESIDES, it looks like the thread IS NOT dead.

Good luck to anyone going out this last w/e of bow season. Wish i were there ...

Happy 2013!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom