Weird stuff going on out in Black Kettle???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went on a ride along w/the under sheriff of Roger Mills County on Monday of this week. I asked him if he had heard anything about the deer etc. and He advised me that he has not heard of anything. He is in a postition of being in the know of things and when I asked him that was the first he had heard of it.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I went on a ride along w/the under sheriff of Roger Mills County on Monday of this week. I asked him if he had heard anything about the deer etc. and He advised me that he has not heard of anything. He is in a postition of being in the know of things and when I asked him that was the first he had heard of it.

Under sheriff probably wasn't in the mood to discuss wolves with you after he read you your Miranda Rights. What did you get busted for?:D

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok just talked to my buddy and this is the story
His uncle leases the land, my buddy and his dad were out hunting. There are two pieces of land that adjoin each other, one 80 acre spot that's on the road and a 500 acre spot that's behind it. Both spots are leased by my friends uncle but the 500 is land locked by other private land. The only access to it is through the 80 acre spot. Friends dad hunted the 80 in the morning and saw what he though we're coyote and went to shoot one, while looking at it through his scope he noticed tracking collar so didn't shoot. That evening they went back and a GW stopped them (buddy didn't get his name cause his dad talked to him) and told them they were not allowed to go on the 80 at all cause there is an endangered species (3 red wolves) that have a den on the place. Not only could they not hunt it it they couldn't even us it to acess the 500. From what he was told by his cousin (son of uncle who leases it) there are now signs on the fence saying something like "protected/endangered species No access allowed." He was told they won't even let the land owner drive his truck on the property now!!!
This is one of the most amazing stories I have read since being a member of OSA.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know of two different people that have lost the use of all or parts of their privately owned land due to endangered sprieces be found on their land.

I think that is the reason behind the quote posted above from Derry Brownfield. If you follow the 3 S rule, shoot, shovel and shut up, they can't come take your land from you due to it harboring endangered species. I'm sure that steps on a few toes to do that, but no more than the government coming to take your land without compensation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom