Weird stuff going on out in Black Kettle???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, this should help cloud the water a little better. I live in this general area and can tell you that Roger Mills County has been without a game warden since before deer season. Of coarse the wardens from the south, north, and east have been filling in through the season. So the odds of one of these wardens knowing the area to well is pretty slim.

I have not caught wind of any of this stuff.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok just talked to my buddy and this is the story
His uncle leases the land, my buddy and his dad were out hunting. There are two pieces of land that adjoin each other, one 80 acre spot that's on the road and a 500 acre spot that's behind it. Both spots are leased by my friends uncle but the 500 is land locked by other private land. The only access to it is through the 80 acre spot. Friends dad hunted the 80 in the morning and saw what he though we're coyote and went to shoot one, while looking at it through his scope he noticed tracking collar so didn't shoot. That evening they went back and a GW stopped them (buddy didn't get his name cause his dad talked to him) and told them they were not allowed to go on the 80 at all cause there is an endangered species (3 red wolves) that have a den on the place. Not only could they not hunt it it they couldn't even us it to acess the 500. From what he was told by his cousin (son of uncle who leases it) there are now signs on the fence saying something like "protected/endangered species No access allowed." He was told they won't even let the land owner drive his truck on the property now!!!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What a crazy web. So your friend's dad is hunting on land leased from somebody else by HIS brother and runs into a warden who says "you can't hunt here.".

Has your friend's uncle gone straight to the source and asked the land-owner what the hell is going on?

Latest posts

Top Bottom