Well we can scratch Wilshire gun off the list...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't necessarily agree with Wilshire guns, but I didn't see them specifically say they supported mandatory training (maybe I missed it). However, this doesn't have to be an all-or-nothing issue, which is the same worldview that leads to outright bans.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Apparently the douche bag in the News 9 interview has never read the 2nd Amendment...................

WHAT PART OF "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?

All he and his types are looking to do is make money off of gun owners. If a gun owner wants more training then let it be the gun owners decision rather than the state legislators who know very little about firearms or these so-called experts who are just in it for the money.

The bigger question should be "is when are we going to have Constitutional Carry in Oklahoma?" No permits required and no fees charged to exercise a Constitutional right?

Flame away

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm kinda torn on this. I support constitutional carry but I don't support or want untrained people carrying firearms. I think that's what Wilshire gun was getting at.

I've seen different instructors say they don't support it. It will take away a source of income for them. But hopefully they look at the bigger picture and see that the less restrictions on guns=better business long term. If this doesn't pass now then gun control will only get worse.

Do these same instructors realize of hundreds of dollars in training was required they would go out of business because people wouldn't get their licenses. If we had permit less carry it would give me extra money to spend on training.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm kinda torn on this. I support constitutional carry but I don't support or want untrained people carrying firearms. I think that's what Wilshire gun was getting at.

I've seen different instructors say they don't support it. It will take away a source of income for them. But hopefully they look at the bigger picture and see that the less restrictions on guns=better business long term. If this doesn't pass now then gun control will only get worse.

Do these same instructors realize of hundreds of dollars in training was required they would go out of business because people wouldn't get their licenses. If we had permit less carry it would give me extra money to spend on training.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I support constitutional carry 100%. What kind of training are you talking about? The class that you have to take to get your license or an actual training course? Many people don't have the money to take those training courses. So should they have to not carry a gun because they can't afford a training course? It's about personal responsibility. If you choose to carry a gun, it is your responsibility to know the law. After getting our licenses my wife and I made it a point to study the law and know it well. The so called training we just took didn't teach us near enough. And that is the problem with it. You get charged $65 to get a piece of paper. Everyone that is able legally should be able to carry a firearm if they desire. Training or not. And I can promise you, there are already thousands of people carrying that haven't had any actual training. So what is the problem? You either support CC or you don't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom