Well we can scratch Wilshire gun off the list...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the line everyone's getting twisted up about is this one: "Instructors said the training requirement does not infringe on our constitutional rights and without the training requirement, the gun owner could hurt themselves and/or hurt others." That's a direct quote from the reporter.

They don't specify which instructors said it; Just, "Instructors". Now, I will say that there are a lot of SDA instructors (not "firearms instructors", SDA instructors) who think they're saving the world by teaching that class, and I have no doubt that those are the instructors about whom the reporter was speaking. Those people are fools and I sincerely couldn't care less about their opinion. If the Wilshire instructors weren't the ones who said it, that needs to be in their statement. I didn't see that addressed directly by them.

One of the biggest challenges with stuff like this is that the media is involved. If there's not audio or video of the person interviewed saying the thing that the reporter said, well....

Unlicensed carry is the only Constitutional Carry. Period. The level of training required to survive a lethal force encounter by employing a firearm is immeasurable and, in-so-being, is impossible to legislate. By allowing the government to continue to legislate a permission slip, we are all essentially saying that it's okay for government to invalidate at least one of our civil rights and then revalidate it by selling it back to us. The proviso of mandated "training" is just insult added to the injury.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where did they say anything about it being "mandatory"?

Kelly Ogle says as much in his very first sentence of the video I posted. You are attempting to wordsmith this YG. :nolike:

If the instructor(s) want to clarify they can, Wilshire has made such a poor attempt at it I can only assume they are just trying to mitigate the damage of the position they hold. There was a pretty darn clear rebuttal and rebuke by apparently one of their other instructors on Facebook yesterday. He took them to task pretty well, so if he is an instructor there I'm thinking he won't be for much longer.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From some of the replies to this thread it seems we need to have a remedial civics course or a refresher course on what the Constitution says and actually means.

Sounds to me like some of the respondents have been listening to the anti's and are trying to meet them half way on our gun rights. If in Oklahoma, it will be a blood bath if and when this law is passed, then why are we Oklahoman's so much different than the rest of the states that already have these laws?

The "blood bath" didn't happen in these other states and it sure as hell isn't going to happen here.

We, the citizens of the United States have a God given right to self defense, and these rights are guaranteed by the Constitution via the 2nd Amendment that states "THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BARE ARMS" and "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED". Clear, concise, direct and to the point.

Doesn't say one damn thing that I read, about training, a license and fees to exercise my God given Constitutional rights.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We don't have a God given right to carry a firearm. We have a constitutional right to do so.
All that being said, there are a lot of folks out there that need serious training.
You can stand on your soap box a scream constitution all day long, but the rest of the population has a right to not be shot by a gun owner that doesn't know how to load it.
Stupidity rules among a lot of new and some older gun owners.
Buy your gun as you have the right to do, and at least look up somebody that knows which direction the bullets go into the mag, and train with them.
Stupidity ruels...Period
You cant teach someone not to be stoopid... ;)
No ones right is above the other....maybe people should start learning to duck..if theyre scared...or....find one of those...Safe Spaces.... ;)

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kelly Ogle says as much in his very first sentence of the video I posted. You are attempting to wordsmith this YG. :nolike:

If the instructor(s) want to clarify they can, Wilshire has made such a poor attempt at it I can only assume they are just trying to mitigate the damage of the position they hold. There was a pretty darn clear rebuttal and rebuke by apparently one of their other instructors on Facebook yesterday. He took them to task pretty well, so if he is an instructor there I'm thinking he won't be for much longer.
I'm not wordsmithing. You stated "They are OK with mandatory training requirements." But I have yet to see Wilshire Gun say that in video, audio, or text. Kelly Ogle didn't say Wilshire Gun said that, either.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not wordsmithing. You stated "They are OK with mandatory training requirements." But I have yet to see Wilshire Gun say that in video, audio, or text. Kelly Ogle didn't say Wilshire Gun said that, either.

Correct. Kelly Ogle only stated that "instructors are speaking out AGAINST a measure moving through the legislature right now..." emphasis mine.

I checked Wilshire's facebook page earlier and they have stated that they don't support these bills. But I'm skeptical because of the really weak response to the absolute **** storm on their page. It's as if they really don't even understand that they are being bludgeoned about the head. Whoever is running their page either isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, they just don't care, or they are just saying they don't support these bills when they really do.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...Whoever is running their page either isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, they just don't care, or they are just saying they don't support these bills when they really do.
What evidence do we have that they really do? I'm not saying it isn't there, somewhere...but I haven't seen it.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
By allowing the government to continue to legislate a permission slip, we are all essentially saying that it's okay for government to invalidate at least one of our civil rights and then revalidate it by selling it back to us. The proviso of mandated "training" is just insult added to the injury.

BOOM! My friend hits it right on the ****ing head

Latest posts

Top Bottom