What do y'all think of Wilshire Gun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prices are high on the guns, mags were ridiculously priced. Does seem nice, and fancy, does well because of the location, right off Classen Curve/Chesepeake area. Guy I talked to about guns seemed knowledgeable and admitted when he wasnt sure on something, so that was nice. I did hear a guy in the Machine Gun Boutique area tell someone that to get a handgun permit, it was about $100 for 10 years after all the fees and stuff. Permit is actually closer to $300 for a 10 year. That guy might be a little upset if he doesn't research it himself beforehand.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just go there to shoot, I like the range ok though the area behind the stalls could be a little deeper, and the food is pretty good.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I agree. Here is what I think about the place. It is very nice, looks great! Not dirty and cluttered like some of the older shops I have been in but sometimes I like those as well. I have purchased one gun there but it was during a pretty significant sale last year ( I think they were having some troubles early on, they had to change who had their FFL) and that made the gun I bought a really good deal, even compared to some online outlets. That being said I asked if the tax return sale they had last year would come again and they said they didnt need to so dont expect that again or any lower prices anytime soon.

As for shooting I go there pretty frequently as it is sooo close to my apartment (within 8 minutes) and the price to shoot is fine. While they say they charge 15 an hour, I have never been charged for additional time over an hour. Granted I usually only bleed over into the next hour no more than 30 minutes. Usually just 10 minutes. Maybe if it were busy theyd hold me to it but i dont see how as they run my card before I start. Anyways I do think the 100 yard range is a cool idea but at 100 yards it is too dark in there and if you adjust for less than 100 your target could be in a shadow. The camera is pretty much useless in my opinion and not a selling factor. I was looking forward to the camera but the quality is really low on it and the angle is such that you cant really even see the holes you are punching. It is pretty much pointless so dont rely on it being there. Bring a spotting scope or binoculars unless you plan on wasting time reeling in the target every time which is what I did. Reeling it in isnt that bad though, it is pretty fast but if you want to shoot a lot then it isn't great. I didn't have a problem with it but I also dont bring more than 50 rounds to shoot when sighting a rifle in. The 100 yard stalls are cramped, the stands they used are made for outdoor shooting, I tripped over the rest and seat attached to it a couple times. It was pretty annoying. As for the price, a lot of people complain about 30 bucks an hour but there isnt anything like it in the state so they can charge more. I do think it is a tad high, maybe 20 or 25 bucks would be more fair. Id just like to see the lighting improved and a higher quality camera and video screen installed.

The restaurant is nice, I have only had a few things on the menu but the pricing is comparable to other places and Id say the portions are bigger than other places so Id say the food is definitely worth it. Maybe it just seems high as it isnt a stand alone restaurant but to be fair this place is going for a country club style sort of place.

Back to the sales area, I do think prices are high but at least the people are nice, I don feel like I am being talked down to when I am there like I have been when at other establishments. They have a pretty good selection of guns but I think they should ditch the tables for more display cases or accessories. The tables always have the same guns and I just hate when someone inexperienced comes in and points a gun right at me because they dont know any better. Also the guns are just getting ruined too. I get what they are trying to do, get a gun into a consumers hands without them asking but just a better idea than execution. Id say a bar style set up would be better with a nook in the wall where people could point the gun would be a safer and practical option. Also take up less space. That is just me though....

Memberships: Last year and I dont remember the details too well they had a membership that was somewhat worth it for the amount of shooting I do ( 2 times a month). I want to say it was 250 bucks and that got you in without any additional money. I cant remember though. Anyways I asked about their current memberships and they are not worth it to me for my amount of shooting. The basic member ship is 30 a month or 360 a year and that just gets you half priced shooting and some targets. I didnt even bother listening to the rest of their price increases as that saves me maybe 2 bucks a month with them giving me 2 targets.... So that is a wash for me but they their company plans seemed interesting, didnt bother to do the math to see if it were worth it but if you buy their memberships youll have to go at least 3 times a month to make it worth it. Just something to keep in mind for yall.

All and all I like it just wish they'd cater more to the middle class, Ill likely never buy another gun there due to their pricing unless they have a sale but like I said earlier the guy who I talked to the other day said they dont need to do anything like that again.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I agree. Here is what I think about the place. It is very nice, looks great! Not dirty and cluttered like some of the older shops I have been in but sometimes I like those as well. I have purchased one gun there but it was during a pretty significant sale last year ( I think they were having some troubles early on, they had to change who had their FFL) and that made the gun I bought a really good deal, even compared to some online outlets. That being said I asked if the tax return sale they had last year would come again and they said they didnt need to so dont expect that again or any lower prices anytime soon.

As for shooting I go there pretty frequently as it is sooo close to my apartment (within 8 minutes) and the price to shoot is fine. While they say they charge 15 an hour, I have never been charged for additional time over an hour. Granted I usually only bleed over into the next hour no more than 30 minutes. Usually just 10 minutes. Maybe if it were busy theyd hold me to it but i dont see how as they run my card before I start. Anyways I do think the 100 yard range is a cool idea but at 100 yards it is too dark in there and if you adjust for less than 100 your target could be in a shadow. The camera is pretty much useless in my opinion and not a selling factor. I was looking forward to the camera but the quality is really low on it and the angle is such that you cant really even see the holes you are punching. It is pretty much pointless so dont rely on it being there. Bring a spotting scope or binoculars unless you plan on wasting time reeling in the target every time which is what I did. Reeling it in isnt that bad though, it is pretty fast but if you want to shoot a lot then it isn't great. I didn't have a problem with it but I also dont bring more than 50 rounds to shoot when sighting a rifle in. The 100 yard stalls are cramped, the stands they used are made for outdoor shooting, I tripped over the rest and seat attached to it a couple times. It was pretty annoying. As for the price, a lot of people complain about 30 bucks an hour but there isnt anything like it in the state so they can charge more. I do think it is a tad high, maybe 20 or 25 bucks would be more fair. Id just like to see the lighting improved and a higher quality camera and video screen installed.

The restaurant is nice, I have only had a few things on the menu but the pricing is comparable to other places and Id say the portions are bigger than other places so Id say the food is definitely worth it. Maybe it just seems high as it isnt a stand alone restaurant but to be fair this place is going for a country club style sort of place.

Back to the sales area, I do think prices are high but at least the people are nice, I don feel like I am being talked down to when I am there like I have been when at other establishments. They have a pretty good selection of guns but I think they should ditch the tables for more display cases or accessories. The tables always have the same guns and I just hate when someone inexperienced comes in and points a gun right at me because they dont know any better. Also the guns are just getting ruined too. I get what they are trying to do, get a gun into a consumers hands without them asking but just a better idea than execution. Id say a bar style set up would be better with a nook in the wall where people could point the gun would be a safer and practical option. Also take up less space. That is just me though....

Memberships: Last year and I dont remember the details too well they had a membership that was somewhat worth it for the amount of shooting I do ( 2 times a month). I want to say it was 250 bucks and that got you in without any additional money. I cant remember though. Anyways I asked about their current memberships and they are not worth it to me for my amount of shooting. The basic member ship is 30 a month or 360 a year and that just gets you half priced shooting and some targets. I didnt even bother listening to the rest of their price increases as that saves me maybe 2 bucks a month with them giving me 2 targets.... So that is a wash for me but they their company plans seemed interesting, didnt bother to do the math to see if it were worth it but if you buy their memberships youll have to go at least 3 times a month to make it worth it. Just something to keep in mind for yall.

All and all I like it just wish they'd cater more to the middle class, Ill likely never buy another gun there due to their pricing unless they have a sale but like I said earlier the guy who I talked to the other day said they dont need to do anything like that again.

Have you been to Big Boys yet? They are all about catering to the middle class.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like big boys, only been there a few times but I like it ok, I thought their ammo was pretty pricey though.... Very nice clean place I just dont like how these places are spending so much money on decor... Just make a nice clean range with a bench and maybe a chair to sit, not a fancy overpriced leather couch people are going to ruin. Maybe my tastes are just simple but that just increases overhead and takes up store space.

Besides that one mini rant I do like the place. The people are friendly and the woman running the range desk was very nice! Id go more if they were closer.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like big boys, only been there a few times but I like it ok, I thought their ammo was pretty pricey though.... Very nice clean place I just dont like how these places are spending so much money on decor... Just make a nice clean range with a bench and maybe a chair to sit, not a fancy overpriced leather couch people are going to ruin. Maybe my tastes are just simple but that just increases overhead and takes up store space.

Besides that one mini rant I do like the place. The people are friendly and the woman running the range desk was very nice! Id go more if they were closer.

Some guys like you and I might not be into the leather couch décor and stuff, but it does make the place look kinda nice and maybe more appealing to the fairer sex. my wife says she likes the place where as a lot of ranges turn her, and I imagine more than a few of the ladies, off. Yeah, they are kinda high on range ammo, but they are fair on .22lr and seem to always have it ion hand. The people that work there are very pleasant in my opinion too. Every time I've been there, it seems like half the crowd is female.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some guys like you and I might not be into the leather couch décor and stuff, but it does make the place look kinda nice and maybe more appealing to the fairer sex. my wife says she likes the place where as a lot of ranges turn her, and I imagine more than a few of the ladies, off. Yeah, they are kinda high on range ammo, but they are fair on .22lr and seem to always have it ion hand. The people that work there are very pleasant in my opinion too. Every time I've been there, it seems like half the crowd is female.

I've been there three times, two with my wife.

I'd agree she likes it much better than any other big gunshop she has been to, and I'm not talking any other gunshop In OKC. Its the only one there she has been to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom